Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 Elite ("Zephyr") coming, price cuts also ($229 core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
    And 20$ more gets you a next gen dvd player. Yeah, I think this move could backfire.
    I don't think it could backfire because it's a product aimed at a niche market, the Premium will be the mainstay of the lineup.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

On Monday, shortly after Take-Two announced they were considering several options, including the sale of the company, in light of a bid by shareholders to oust execs and the board, an obvious rumor took flight: Microsoft was interested in doing the buying.

The rumor first surfaced as a sort of joke over on NeoGaf and then Worthplaying posted something saying that they had heard through the grapevine "be means of an inside source at Rockstar Vancouver" that the "buzz in the hallway" is that Microsoft "might have put in a bid or expressed interest."

So maybe someone other than Microsoft heard that Microsoft might be interested in buying the company. I also heard something out of Vancouver that Microsoft was in the offing to pick up the company, but calls to Microsoft were met with a "We don't comment on rumors."

Obviously, Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft would all make sense as potential buyers, but that doesn't make it a very strong rumor. Also you have to consider that Take-Two was saying they were considering a sale as one of many options. Frankly, I think that statement was more about bolstering their flagging share prices than any sort of reality.

Interesting. If MS buys Take-Two, that gives them exclusive access to the 2K Sports lineup and the GTA series.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Wow. With the 360's advanced graphics capabilities, we could soon be seeing every atomized blood cell explode out of a driver's head as you shoot him to take his car. The wonders of the future.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

We can also use the vision cam to model the character after your face.

Comment

If it was on the wii, then you could actually make the punching or swinging motion rather than just pressing a button, the victim would just be more pixilated

Comment

Will the elite have better Live security?

yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                I'm sure I'm incorrect. It must be the cheap light feeling that gives Wii the feeling of being expensive.
                Weight has nothing to do with it. I'm refering to the choice of white front and panels, and grey HD. The color, the 'matte' plastic, and the gaps between panels make it look a bit cheap.

Not that this really bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                  Weight has nothing to do with it. I'm refering to the choice of white front and panels, and grey HD. The color, the 'matte' plastic, and the gaps between panels make it look a bit cheap.

Not that this really bothers me.
                  What gaps are you talking about?

Grey HD makes it look cheap?

What it comes down to is the matte plastic. Admit it.

Americans associate shiny with expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    Will the elite have better Live security?

yikes!
                    Give me a ****ing break.

I just got off the phone with a Microsoft Tech for Xbox live that has confirmed this to with me and they have stated that accounts are being stolen and that "Hackers have control of Xbox live and there is nothing we can do about it."

Honestly, you believed someone who knew what they were talking about would say this to someone?

This whole thing is mind-bogglingly stupid to me. A couple people have proclaimed their accounts have been "stolen" (the vast majority of such cases occur from stupidly dumb passwords or friends who knew the password), and then the story got progressively dumber from there...

I call blatant FUD until we see something substantive.

Comment

I'm curious: how do "stupidly dumb passwords" differ from ordinary dumb passwords? Is there a certain magnitude of stupidity required to qualify for that rating, and if so, how do you judge Stupidity Level?
                      1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        I'm curious: how do "stupidly dumb passwords" differ from ordinary dumb passwords? Is there a certain magnitude of stupidity required to qualify for that rating, and if so, how do you judge Stupidity Level?
                        Stupidly dumb are passwords that are like "password" or identical to the username.

Ordinary dumb passwords are those such as the name of your son, or maiden name, etc.

Possibly dumb passwords are dictionary words.

Comment

absolutely dumb passwords are ones you use for everything.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

"1-2-3-4-5? Oh my God, I have to go change the locks on my luggage!"
                            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Give me a ****ing break.

I just got off the phone with a Microsoft Tech for Xbox live that has confirmed this to with me and they have stated that accounts are being stolen and that "Hackers have control of Xbox live and there is nothing we can do about it."

Honestly, you believed someone who knew what they were talking about would say this to someone?

This whole thing is mind-bogglingly stupid to me. A couple people have proclaimed their accounts have been "stolen" (the vast majority of such cases occur from stupidly dumb passwords or friends who knew the password), and then the story got progressively dumber from there...

I call blatant FUD until we see something substantive.

Comment

Another improved X360? The console market is sooo going the PC way, it's funny in a sad kind of way.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X