Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 Elite ("Zephyr") coming, price cuts also ($229 core)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o that

no wifi=no sale to me at the current prices.

Comment

• No price cuts yet? Guess it's not surprising given the steady sales.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        No price cuts yet? Guess it's not surprising given the steady sales.

Guess that leaves Nintendo more time as the "cheap" console. But then Nintendo is supply constrained, so that doesnt really matter. And 360 is still cheaper than PS3, and Sony isnt threatening, so they dont need to cut for that (Sony may be strengthening in the HD war, but how much stake does MS have in that anyway?). PCs look a tad better relatively than if 360s were cut, but why should Microsoft mind that? And again, its not like the PC-Nintendo combo is a threat, given the supply constraint of the Wii.

So MS can minimize their hardware lossed on the 360. My bet is they cut the price when either A. PS3 begins to take off B. PS3 cuts its price (and A probably wont happen until then, at least) C. Wii ceases to be supply constrained.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• They actually include an HDMI cable with the thing...unlike Sony...

I also like that the 120GB HDDs all come with a data migration cable, to move your 20GB HDD data to the new unit.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• * Xbox Live Marketplace will also begin vending content from New Line, Paramount, and Universal (and their properties).

This is a pretty big deal...MS is making big friends in the media world to compete with Sony. How soon until such companies turn their back on Sony, as they're a media competitor?

Comment

• I maintain what I said about the Elite's pricing.
              B♭3

Comment

• There's supposed to be a major Xbox announcement tomorrow. Tomorrow also is the day of 2K Games shareholder meeting...

Comment

• They actually include an HDMI cable with the thing...unlike Sony...
                  And how is that a big deal? Are HDMI cables expensive?
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by nostromo
                    And is that a big deal? Are HDMI cables expensive?
                    It's the principle of the thing. Apple and Sony don't include any cables with their machines, which is ridiculous.

Lots of consumers are getting ripped off because stores like Best Buy put $70 HDMI cables next to the PS3 and say you need them...

They're not cheap anyway. A 6 ft belkin HDMI cable is $48 USD at Walmart.

Comment

• Wait, what does Apple have to do with this?

Comment

• * The console will come with component and composite cables, as well as an HDMI cable. (Take that, Sony and Apple!)

Apple's "Apple TV" and Sony's PS3 both share the honour of not shipping with video cables...

Comment

• Re: Bluray/HD DVD...looking at amazon sales ranks.

Happy Feet
                          HD DVD Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #157 in DVD
                          Blu-ray Amazon.ca Sales Rank: #3,216 in DVD

Planet Earth - to be released Apr 24 - pre-orders only.

HD DVD - 4
                          Blu-Ray - 16

$87.49 for each; top of the heap for each format.

A Scanner Darkly - to be released Apr 10 - pre-order only.

HD DVD - 871
                          Blu-Ray - 1,139

$22.39 for each.

Format war's over?

Comment

Working...
                          X