Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should swords be banned along with guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straybow
    Originally posted by Victor Galis
    Using your logic, we should give all countries nuclear weapons because then we'd have no more war.

Straw man. We aren't talking about giving swords, much less guns or nukes, to anyone.

Do you have a point, or are you just trolling?

By the same logic of this measure, we should also find out how many people are battered to death with bats, tire-irons, fireplace pokers, shovels, picks, and assorted other tools and ban them if there are too many deaths.

Wait a minute, the article mentioned a victim who was first hacked with the sword and then run over with an automobile. So we should ban automobiles, too. I guarantee there are far more deliberate auto-pedestrian deaths than sword deaths.

I'm in the same parade as this guy.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wait a minute, the article mentioned a victim who was first hacked with the sword and then run over with an automobile. So we should ban automobiles, too. I guarantee there are far more deliberate auto-pedestrian deaths than sword deaths.
      Strawman ad hominem quid pro quo!!!
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I want to know who voted to ban swords? We must ban them!
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Samurai swords in the hands of the untrained are probably no more dangerous than some sort of large blunt object.

Are you really this stupid?
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

This is still Poly, isn't it Drake?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm more surprised by the fact that it took almost a day for someone to point out he's an idiot than I am by the initial stupidity...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                Samurai swords in the hands of the untrained are probably no more dangerous than some sort of large blunt object.

Are you really this stupid?
                Samurai (that are built for slashing and stabing is much more dangerous) require much skill to able to use properly. A large rock could easily seriously injure or kill someone if you hit them in the back of their head.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

They're multiplying...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Wascally wabbits.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                      Samurai (that are built for slashing and stabing is much more dangerous) require much skill to able to use properly. A large rock could easily seriously injure or kill someone if you hit them in the back of their head.
                      On the other hand, a samurai sword could easily injure or kill someone if I stabbed them with it. I probably wouldn't get the same results if I stabbed them with a rock.

Comment

Some rocks are pointy.

Comment

Flint arrowheads FTS

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            Thugs with crossbows. Or mace-and-chain. Or a blackjack, the element of surprise, and a liking for stolen swords.

Bah. Thugs wouldn't know how to use a mace-and-chain.
                            They couldn't safely do fancy twirly crap as seen by the psycho little girl in Kill Bill, no. But anyone can spin a chain around over their head and throw it. They could tie a big rock to a cable, even.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Ban forks and sharp wooden sticks next
                              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

They should regulate that swords can only be bought by adults and they shouldn´t allow people to carry swords ready to draw on the street.
                                But they should allow people to buy swords for their home.

As for knives:
                                They should forbid sale and possession of certain types of knives, for example carbon knives that cannot be detected by metal detectors.
                                And maybe knives from a certain blade length upwards should only be sold to adults.

Don´t think that more regulations are necessary.

Well, I forgot:
                                There should be a complete ban on lightswords unless you are a jedi (master or apprentice) and have a jedi master who can confirm this.
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X