Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should swords be banned along with guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should swords be banned along with guns?

I think this is going a little too far. I don't even agree with banning guns. Actually I do, it's just not practical in my country.

Swords only
    12.50%
    swords and knives should be banned
    0.00%
    neither
    83.33%
    ban the banana
    4.17%

WTF?! No
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't really support a lot of restrictions on people's freedom. If there were to be a ban, I'd say to put it on certain knives only. Basically blades large enough to be lethal at a stab, in other words, not just a pocket knife or something. But it would be easier just to regulate.

And swords? That's just silly. They already make people "safety-wrap" them in public, that should be enough.

Picture this:
      "In other news, there's been another violent sword killing in Copenhagen today. Witnesses say they saw three suspicious looking men leaving the scene. The individuals were unshaven and clad in chain mail..."
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

First there were rocks. We built up until we go nuclear.
        Now, we ban nuclear, try to ban firearms, now swords.
        We're back to rocks. So? Ban rocks.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

They are banning these because criminals are using them instead of guns, guns being illegal. I guess banning guns is really working, but then the criminals are now using swords. I suppose after swords are banned they will just use something else. So what is this all for?
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

As I said. You can legislate everything right down to the rock. There'll still be something.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

who is this guy you post videos of? He's annoying and not very funny. But most British comedy isn't funny anyways.

Comment

Ali G
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    First there were rocks. We built up until we go nuclear.
                    Now, we ban nuclear, try to ban firearms, now swords.
                    We're back to rocks. So? Ban rocks.
                    absurd reduction
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I would really draw the line after the gun ban. Guns are infinitely more dangerous. Samurai swords in the hands of the untrained are probably no more dangerous than some sort of large blunt object.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

No! I think people should be permitted to carry swords openly. Who would commit a robbery if they knew people had swords? Problem solved.
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I want to walk around the streets with a samurai sword. I think I'd look cool. well, maybe not.

Comment

I'm happy with my trusty broadsword.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Why do some people think the less they are able to defend themselves the safer they are?

Comment

Working...
                              X