X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Just make sure to pick up your trash.
    thats another hypocrysy -- have you ever seen the trash left afteer some staunch 'environmentalists" hold a rally?
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hey, no one made them believe that ****.

Of course not - it was their natural urge to think that way - it certainly wasn't neither the regime nor their propaganda that influenced people.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

No one wrt this comment-- You talked generally about finding the use of "money" as objectionable to harm a political enemy.

I say if you go down that route you have to consider not only "money" but "resources" which would include money , buildings, cars, political goodwill and people.

I mean if it was wrong for someone to buy a building away from an enemy would it not be equally wrong to

1. use political influence to deny them renovation permits
        2. use people to blockade said building etc etc

Just clarifying the idea that something can't only be BAD if MONEY causes it
        ok
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Of course not - it was their natural urge to think that way - it certainly wasn't neither the regime nor their propaganda that influenced people.
          People mostly believe what they want to believe.

Comment

ok
            a red letter day-- after thousands of posts back and forth, kidicious has accepted something I said .

I won't go so far as to say he agreed with it though
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

thats another hypocrysy
              Actually it was a joke

Comment

People mostly believe what they want to believe.
                Nope, people mostly belive what they are told to belive.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nope, people mostly belive what they are told to belive.
                  That's because they like to do that. No one is forcing them to believe it.

Comment

a red letter day-- after thousands of posts back and forth, kidicious has accepted something I said .

I won't go so far as to say he agreed with it though
                    I do

Comment

yeah, and then we are back to the influence of ads. Noone is forcing them to belive the ads but if thats the info they get, then why shouldn't they belive it.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

yeah, and then we are back to the influence of ads. Noone is forcing them to belive the ads but if thats the info they get, then why shouldn't they belive it.
                        BC, if people are naive it's usually because they either have no balls or the actually believe what they are being told in the first place.

Comment

BC, if people are naive it's usually because they either have no balls or the actually believe what they are being told in the first place.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Incredible

All those workers that are "forced" to take a job by a given employer but yet when it comes to their own beliefs they can suddenly exercise free will-- WOW

Kid I had to get back to the stuff where we butt heads-- Our agreeing may cause the universe to explode- ask krazyhorse -- I hear he's the smartest guy here

Comment

Incredible

All those workers that are "forced" to take a job by a given employer but yet when it comes to their own beliefs they can suddenly exercise free will-- WOW
                              Frist, they are forced to take whichever job they can get if they need the money, aren't they?

Second, I'm not saying they can choose what to believe, but if they believe a lie I think they can change that, but often they don't want to because they are attached to it or it's just something that makes us feel superior, something like that. In some cases where they already believe it, it's difficult to not believe it because then we have to accept that we are wrong sometimes. In a case were they are being conned they don't want to believe that they have been conned so they have a tendency to believe the lie longer even though it should be more evident that it is a lie. Regardless we have control over this.

Comment

Second, I'm not saying they can choose what to believe, but if they believe a lie I think they can change that, but often they don't want to because they are attached to it or it's just something that makes us feel superior, something like that. In some cases where they already believe it, it's difficult to not believe it because then we have to accept that we are wrong sometimes. In a case were they are being conned they don't want to believe that they have been conned so they have a tendency to believe the lie longer even though it should be more evident that it is a lie. Regardless we have control over this.
                                it takes a GREAT deal of willpower to break away from a "CON" like that. TRUST me. not every person on the Earth is capable of doing this kid...
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X