This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To sum up

Leftists engaged in a futile, failed and frankly stupid violent protest of having a freebie taken away.

Christians celebrate their "win". They got a building -- I hope they don't think they have won anything else.

A year from now they will both stuill exist in about the same numbers they do right now.

I do appreciate the irony in anarchists demanding stuff be given them by GOVERNMENT though!!
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

Yeah, you are certainly neither a KH, NYE or Asher, you could maybe be considered a civilized canuk

Perhaps-- you should see some of the hockey threads when those folks get going
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Don't you read threads that you post in ? That is old news that we got some 140 postings ago.
        You know, in this particular case, I like to skim..

Comment

• I was in the neighbourhood today, walking around with a friend who lives almost literally next door. He had to show his social security card before we could proceed - the police having decided to seal off the area immediately around what used to be Ungdomshuset. Not even the press was allowed to enter, I believe.

It's a weird experience to walk on an empty street on a weekday in a densely populated area with lots of people and noise nearby. It gets decidedly absurd when you begin to consider that you're walking around in a zone that is protected by dozens of combat-ready policemen.

My friend compared it to West Berlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston

You know, in this particular case, I like to skim..
            Lazy hippie or have you just been released ? You have been suspiciously silent in this thread.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Monk
              I was in the neighbourhood today, walking around with a friend who lives almost literally next door. He had to show his social security card before we could proceed - the police having decided to seal off the area immediately around what used to be Ungdomshuset. Not even the press was allowed to enter, I believe.

It's a weird experience to walk on an empty street on a weekday in a densely populated area with lots of people and noise nearby. It gets decidedly absurd when you begin to consider that you're walking around in a zone that is protected by dozens of combat-ready policemen.

My friend compared it to West Berlin.

Odd but this will pass. Its a flashpoint today but once they get a new building , this place will fade as a target.

Comment

Lazy hippie or have you just been released ? You have been suspiciously silent in this thread.
                Well I was the first to comment in the previous thread, and haven't felt too pressing a need to add much to my initial reaction*).

*) Um, get a brain, MORANS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                  Odd but this will pass. Its a flashpoint today but once they get a new building , this place will fade as a target.
                  I don't think we have to wait that long, even. I suppose the reason they're there is mostly so troublemakers won't pick up stones and throw them at somebody. Hopefully I won't have time to write post cards from the zone.

Comment

• Oh, and - we're certainly going to his local bar. I mean, we're talking about a bar that 99% of potential customers cannot legally enter. I think we should show our support to the poor dudes that work there, it's not like it's their fault or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Kid is everything to you just a different POV ? If someone steals your wallet is he a thief or does he just have " a different POV concerning property rights?
                      You put a winkie so I won't say you are playing dumb.

To me ownership is control over something. If you don't control it, you don't own it.

This group never controled anything and never will as long as they are who they are. However, they are entitled to their opinion regarding their right to use it.

Of course, I'm not even pissed off that they can't use it. I'm pissed off at these Fundies. As you know I do not agree with you that people should have absolute freedom regarding their money.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                        When someone lets you use something for free for 17 years you start to think it's yours.
                        Yes, but in this case 'you' are still quite wrong, legally. The state was over-lenient letting them squat for that long, perhaps, but they're still squatters.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok

Yes, but in this case 'you' are still quite wrong, legally.
                          Sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                            As you know I do not agree with you that people should have absolute freedom regarding their money.
                            Could you elaborate a bit about this petitesse ?
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Could you elaborate a bit about this petitesse ?
                              I don't think groups should be able to use their money to harm their political enemies or people they hate. This is possible in a capitalist system, which reconfirms my aversion to capitalism. I don't know how you would fix this within the current system.

Comment

• and under wich kind of system would such be impossible ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X