Happy Putin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oerdin
    Putin did next to nothing about GDP. The world oil market did that.
    0/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

But it's usually assosiated with "padonki". No?
      Nope. The rules are different, for a start.
      The padonki rules are:
      unstressed "o" -> "a"
      devoiced "v" -> "ff"
      "tsya" and "t'sya" -> "tstsa"
      And some more minor rules.

Preved rules are:
      voiceless consonant -> voiced consonant if it would be devoiced or even it wouldn't (kartinka - kortingo).
      unstressed "a" -> "o"
      unstressed "i" -> "e"
      "tsya" and "t'sya" -> "tstso"
      Padonki would be podonge if these rules were used.

They're as different as lolcats and um, what else do English speakers have? Slade song names?
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva
        Happy Putin with Happy PocketMedvedev 1.0

Hey, at least Putin and Medvedev are not relatives.
        Attached Files

Comment

0/10
          Pray tell, do you mean there were more important factors, namely, as I assume you implied with 0/10, certain policies, that had a bigger impact on the spectacular recovery and growth of the Russian economy since the 1998 default/devaluation than rising global energy and commodity prices? What would those fantastic policies be?
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Aha, konechno, umenshenie ottoka kapitala iz strany v razy, i odnovremenno mnogokratnoe uvelichenie zarubezhnyh investicii v rossiskuyu economiku - sledstvie rosta cen na neft', a ne izmenenii vo vnutrennei economicheskoy politike?

Ohotno veryu.

Comment

Aha, konechno, umenshenie ottoka kapitala iz strany v razy, i odnovremenno mnogokratnoe uvelichenie zarubezhnyh investicii v rossiskuyu economiku - sledstvie rosta cen na neft', a ne izmenenii vo vnutrennei economicheskoy politike?

Ohotno veryu.
              QFT
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Comment

Aha, konechno, umenshenie ottoka kapitala iz strany v razy, i odnovremenno mnogokratnoe uvelichenie zarubezhnyh investicii v rossiskuyu economiku - sledstvie rosta cen na neft', a ne izmenenii vo vnutrennei economicheskoy politike?

Ohotno veryu.
                  That would certainly explain current account surpluses and swelling reserves. However, you may want to admit that there also was MORE MONEY to keep in the country due to - EXACTLY - high commodity prices. May we bring up your non-commodity export figures again? .
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• You know it is true Serb. It was entirely commodity prices; not Putin's policies. In fact Putin's nationalism & nationalizations probably made the business climate worse.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I take a more balanced view - the general return of some sort of order was certainly a welcome for business in Russia. However, some other things are happening in the country - the fsb and svr guys are taking over (or requesting heavily discounted sales of minority interests) in any business that is sufficiently large and profitable. And putin covers them shamelessly. This will kill business in Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras

That would certainly explain current account surpluses and swelling reserves. However, you may want to admit that there also was MORE MONEY to keep in the country due to - EXACTLY - high commodity prices. May we bring up your non-commodity export figures again? .
                        Bring them for 2007 and for 1998. Let's make a comparisson.

Comment

• dude, no one's denying you have a more diversified export structure now - but tell me WHAT PAID FOR DEVELOPMENT of other industries 2000-2003 and for the recovery of government finances 1999-2002?

what policies, if not oil/gas?

Comment

I take a more balanced view - the general return of some sort of order was certainly a welcome for business in Russia.
                            Thanks God, you aren't comletely blind.

However, some other things are happening in the country - the fsb and svr guys are taking over (or requesting heavily discounted sales of minority interests) in any business that is sufficiently large and profitable. And putin covers them shamelessly. This will kill business in Russia.
                            What are you talking about?

Comment

Thanks God, you aren't comletely blind.
                              Thanks

What are you talking about?
                              but you are

Lol, mineral exports were 53.8% in 2000 and grew to 65.7 in 2006. I was WRONG about diversified exports.

Comment

dude, no one's denying you have a more diversified export structure now
                                Most of the posters here do. At least I have such impression.

- but tell me WHAT PAID FOR DEVELOPMENT of other industries 2000-2003 and for the recovery of government finances 1999-2002?

what policies, if not oil/gas?
                                First:
                                1.1 IIRC, the oil prices started to skyrocket at 2003, when US invaded Iraq.
                                1.2 Russian economy has an average 7% annual growth since 2000, when Putin became a pesident - three years before the oil boom, when oil prices were still too low (between 2000-2003 we already had the same 7% annual GDP growth).

Second:
                                2.1 Surelly, the growth of oil prices, no doubt gave a great bonus for Russia. I don't deny that.
                                2.2 Surelly, the default of 1998 gave a great bonus to local manufacturers.
                                2.3. However, how the bankruptcy of the country can be a good thing for the government of that country? We had to pay our foreign debt, no matter what. Eltsin's governmets were begging for foreing credits on their knees during 90's. And they ended up by declaring default (but still promised to repay GKO debts to foreign creditors).
                                2.4. Putin's governments not only repaid Eltsin's debts. They also repaid the USSR debt, the Tzarist Russia debt and now we have a world's third largest money surpluss (430 billion USD) after China and Japan.
                                2.5. What was I talking about? Ah, the fact you don't deny that our export structure is more diversified now then it was in 1998. You think it's not a for Putin? Do you think that he used bonus money to advance other sectors of our economy to make our export structure more diversified was a bad move? I don't think so.

And finally:
                                I do think that extra oil money and default of 1998 were, no doubt, an excellent kick to the ass for the Russian economy. It's pretty obvious. But the Russian economy became to grow before the oil boom. And it still shows constant growth untill now.

Putin>>>Eltsin. More Russians vote for Putin than ever voted for Eltsin.
                                The end of story.
                                Last edited by Serb; December 17, 2007, 16:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X