Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madeline?

I just googled up a song by Hanson
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Are you sure it was a band and not a person? Was it sung by a man or a woman? Can you give us any clues about the melody? Did the name have three syllables like Valentine and Caroline as well?

Originally posted by Arrian
      There was that one with lots of female names "A little bit of monica... etc"
      That would be "Mambo No. 5". Just heard it on the radio the other day.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Of course there is Oh Carolina by the Folkes Brothers , their only single and the first ska song to hit the European charts way back in 1961. It was a huge hit when Shaggy covered it a couple of years ago...
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

"My Sharona?"
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            Madeline?

I just googled up a song by Hanson
            I a sure it was not a Hanson song
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              "My Sharona?"
              I remember when that was a hit. You heard it EVERYWHERE. Well, almost.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It's such a bad song, too
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  There was that one with lots of female names "A little bit of monica... etc"

-Arrian
                  Mambo No 5, Lou Bega

My sister used to love it.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                    Are you sure it was a band and not a person? Was it sung by a man or a woman? Can you give us any clues about the melody? Did the name have three syllables like Valentine and Caroline as well?

That would be "Mambo No. 5". Just heard it on the radio the other day.
                    Should I record myself humming the melody and upload the file here??

Actually the melody is the only thing I remember about the song, I havent see the video since the 90´s which is why it causes so many problems.

I was just breaking my name thinking if may not have been a female name, but a word like "inside" or maybe "xxx + time", but I think the song had a female name as the title (and that the word was a female name)

But my memory may be wrong.
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

upload the humming

was it breakfast at tiffany's?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        It's such a bad song, too
                        You take that back

It was the song that killed disco (well, legend has it ).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Disco isn't dead. It's just biding its time.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Was it that "Oh Carolina" by Shaggy?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Me too.

Sweet Caroline is an earworm...
                              and a great karoke song
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

No

I have uoloaded it, my voice does not sound good, but the melody is clear

The chorus begun with the a word which rhymed with Valentine, or Caroline, and it prolonged the ending of that word, as in Valentiiine ee i ee i ee i ine

But then, it was from the late 90´s when I barely understood english

I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X