X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me get a new cellphone...

...please?

My situation up to this point:
    So I am a refugee from AT&T's Free2Go prepaid service. Some years ago (2 maybe) Cingular bought out AT&T Wireless. Back in November, I was informed by Cingular that they would be discontinuing service for anyone still using the Free2Go plan or others that Cingular had assimilated. On Jan 1, they no longer accepted payments to existing accounts and I have until March 31 to switch over to a proper Cingular plan (I'll be doing the $0.25/min plan because I don't talk on my cell enough to justify the $1 day use - $0.10/min plan). I have an old Nokia 5165 that I will not be allowed to keep. Also, because it's analog, it lacks a SIM card but modern cellphones have them (or their equivalent depending on the market).

My problem is this:
    I'm eyeballing the Motorola KRZR as my next cell phone (really, my 2nd cell phone ever ... major step up from the Nokia 5165) and eBay has good deals relative to what Motorola and Cingular are pricing on the unlocked phones (I also had a Cingular rep tell me some weeks ago to look on eBay for better deals on phones). I've tried finding information through Cingular, but have come up with squat and I'd rather not go to the store blind and ask a rep. I want to know if I currently have an analog phone - therefore no SIM card - and I buy an unlocked phone (whatever cell phone I end up buying, doesn't have to be the KRZR, as long as it's compatible with Cingular's service) that lacks a SIM card (based on what I've seen so far it seems the service provider has to provide the SIM card anyway; is this correct?), will Cingular be a total ***** about it or will it not be a problem?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nay. Thanks, but nay.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't throw the old one away. You never know when it may come in handy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can't even use it for a mousetrap.

No, I've been told I can donate it to various causes or just return it to Nokia for recycling.

Comment

ppc 6700
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Soap rest for the bathroom sink?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                ppc 6700
                That phone looks like my Nokia ... after really letting itself go. Time to call Jenny Craig...

And $400? I can get an unlocked KRZR for $212 through eBay (Cingular and Motorola want $400 for the KRZR).

Comment

Svelte

Comment

Don't forget to accessorize whatever phone you eventually decide on.

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

what the fuck

Comment

You act as if you've never seen a cellphone accessory before.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Can't even use it for a mousetrap.

No, I've been told I can donate it to various causes or just return it to Nokia for recycling.
                          Recycling methinks
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I like their line of yoga phone accessories too.

This one is my favourite:

Comment

Dude, I wish that keitai strap had been out when I was in Japan. All I had was a guy dressed up in a sperm suit that I got in a Durex package. That's not nearly as cool as a talking Hard Gay strap...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X