No announcement yet.

The rationale behind discrediting Liberal Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amount of money spent on liberal arts is already ridiculously low. Arguing for diminishing it is self-righteous hairsplitting.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• It is already to low? I'm sure the people who recieve the redistributed money from others feel that way but the departments which actually generate money no doubt feel to much of their hard earned grant money is unfairly taken away by people whose work doesn't actually generate any grant money at all.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Ah yes, the category that you'd arbitrarily apply if they didn't fit into any other of your pigeonholes
        that WAS the other category.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
          It is already to low? I'm sure the people who recieve the redistributed money from others feel that way but the departments which actually generate money no doubt feel to much of their hard earned grant money is unfairly taken away by people whose work doesn't actually generate any grant money at all.
          Isn't that specific university policy anyway? I suspect that if the wronged scientists don't form their own separate faculties, it's because the overall picture is still more beneficial if all departments unite.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Incidentally, the real rationale is that we all got tired of Agathon and GePap.
            Wow, I never thought you guys were that pathetic or petty.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

If they're poorer than you, they can't possibly be your better. Don't be ridiculous.

A person's character is determined merely by how wealthy they are?
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Drake, is that a bite, or does funny not count (too easy)?

Comment

This one had a BA and an MA in history. He turned out pretty well.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_B._Pearson

Who?
                    That one was for Krazy's benefit. I wouldn't have exoected an American trained to be a good little technician to know anything about him.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                      It is already to low? I'm sure the people who recieve the redistributed money from others feel that way but the departments which actually generate money no doubt feel to much of their hard earned grant money is unfairly taken away by people whose work doesn't actually generate any grant money at all.
                      Dude, even philosophers get grants. Not large ones, but they get grants.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                        That one was for Krazy's benefit. I wouldn't have exoected an American trained to be a good little technician to know anything about him.
                        Drake a technician

Comment

• Drake, is that a bite, or does funny not count (too easy)?

Mr. Fun has never counted. Way too easy...

Drake a technician

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I have to give you major kudos for the job in this thread. You almost had me convinced for a moment

Comment

• You people will believe anything...

No, their character is not determined by how wealthy they are. Their value as a human being is revealed by how wealthy they are, however. People who are worth more to society get paid more, ergo their wealth is a sign of their superior value.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You people will believe anything...

No, their character is not determined by how wealthy they are. Their value as a human being is revealed by how wealthy they are, however. People who are worth more to society get paid more, ergo their wealth is a sign of their superior value.
                                /me looks at Britney Spears and cries.

Comment

Working...
                                X