No announcement yet.

The rationale behind discrediting Liberal Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "No, their character is not determined by how wealthy they are" did you not understand?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So a person who completely lacks moral values can still have high value as a human being because his/her wealth signifies that he/she have contributed more to society?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• So a person who completely lacks moral values can still have high value as a human being

Duh. How else do you explain lawyers?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• As a homosexual, I don't see why you wouldn't believe that a person lacking in moral virtue can still have value...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• funny . . . . . .
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
                Thought this was obvious, but it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:

You can get away with BS'ing your way through a liberal arts degree (though most aren't skilled enough at this to complete their graduation and only waste their money for a few years before dropping out) without actually knowing or learning anything having to do with your degree, since the amount of knowledge and skills are harder to measure. Think the start of your high school, MRT: you could always try to BS your way in history tests by writing in generalities, but trying to pass math exam without learning anything about the subject was impossible. The better the teacher, the harder (s)he is to BS. But why would teachers (insert professor if you wish) or school (insert university) admins kick out lousy students? The amount of funding is based on how many kids the school (university) has.
                High school != university. Come back and condemn liberal arts again when you've finished your university education which includes both science and liberal arts studies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aivo½so
                  High school != university. Come back and condemn liberal arts again when you've finished your university education which includes both science and liberal arts studies.
                  That's what the vast majority of us are doing.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I just could not resist making that comment since I know VJ hasn't studied at a university and consequently doesn't know jack about the requirements at that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      So a person who completely lacks moral values can still have high value as a human being

Duh. How else do you explain lawyers?
                      I don't even try to explain us. I just cash my paycheque
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Aivo½so
                        The reason that I was studying liberal arts in university instead of science in polytechnic was exactly the reason I dropped out. Next time, get your information behind your ad hominems straight.

Comment

• FINN FIGHT!!!!
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The reason that I was studying liberal arts in university instead of science in polytechnic was exactly the reason I dropped out. Next time, get your information behind your ad hominems straight.

Not that this has anything to do with the actual issue at hand, but how exactly did you get into a university here without having passed the matriculation exam? IIRC, at least last fall you told me you were still in high school.

Comment

• kind of hard to have a fight when I don't read his posts... we do live in the same city so I guess we could battle in RL. are you willing to sponsor a match-up, asher?

Comment

• What's with you two? Did Aivo slap your frontside with a wet towel in a sauna fight?

Comment

Working...
                                X