To refrigerate, or not to refrigerate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eg, Crown Royal Special Reserve.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have never had the special reserve... would have had it if I had seen it (I mostly bought Crown Royal for a while, currently it is mostly Knob Creek or Maker's Mark for me... but I don't drink all that much anymore).

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Canadian whiskey
        I'm more a Scotch drinker, but I've always felt (good) Canadian whiskey to be underrated.
        Mellow. Good flavor. Smoooth.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Crown is ****ing great straight...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: To refrigerate, or not to refrigerate

Originally posted by Asher
            Do you guys refrigerate
            • Gin (London dry)
            • Whisky (Canadian whisky)
            • Rum (spiced rum)

I've been keeping these all room temperature but a friend acted like I was crazy to do so?
            They should all be kept at room temperature and if you want it served chilled then shake them in a martini tumbler with ice.

As a general rule I only serve vodka shots chilled. Put the whole bottle in the freezer for at least an hour ahead of time.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              Martinis are really the only drinks which require very cold liquor.

I keep my vodka in the freezer simply on the off chance I'm going to use it to make martinis. Mostly I make vodka tonics, vodka crans and bloody marys with it, though.

I hate gin martinis so I don't keep it in the freezer at all.
              If you're going to shoot vodka you want it cold. I honestly rarely buy gin and when I do have a martini it is always a vodka martini so once again a cold bottle of vodka is key.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If you're serving shots, chilled is better IMO. The only exception is perhaps flavored rum... you want it at room temperature. For cocktails, ice will do it.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                X