X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus

No, not everyone has central heating.
    Virtually everyone has
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Ok, I converted -10 C in my calculator to farenheight, and it came back as -50. I'm thinking that isn't at all right.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ah, it made 10 C into 50 F and then applied the negative to that. Putting parenthesis around it fixed it.

14 degrees F? Pssh, wimpy Brits.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It was 14F this morning @ 7am. It's apparently (weather.com) 15F now, but feels like 3 due to windchill.

The forecast high today is for 23F (-5C). Brrr.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
            Virtually everyone has
            This reminds me of a white South African I used to work with who said that "everyone back home has swimming pools".

Comment

A significant amount of Brits lack central heating?

Just further evidence what sissy a country you are.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

No, just Stewie...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

This reminds me of a white South African I used to work with who said that "everyone back home has swimming pools".
                  I don't know why it reminds you of that.
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

apparently 10% don't

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                      I don't know why it reminds you of that.
                      Because in his limited experience, all the people he knew had swimming pools. Likewise you said "everyone's got central heating", and when I called you on it you modified it to "nearly everyone", and then I made another comment and eventually you looked it up and found that 10% are without - which is a significant amount.

Having lived in many rented flats without central heating, my experience was very different to yours, and I knew the truth without needing to be persuaded.

Comment

Three bar fire FTW!
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

If it gets colder then 50 at night then I would refuse to go outside. Just to cold.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

it was warm enough outside in the sun today with 2 layers on. The chill was starting to set in as the sun was going down

any of you office working mother ****ers calling us guys wimps can go **** yourself
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I don't know why I always let my housemate convince me to not buy an electric heater. F*ck the environment! She better not complain about having the heating on tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Coldest night in 6 years and 2 months?
                                I understood that-- I still though someone would make a global warming comment. The lack of any real or statistical significance to any little fact does not stop some zealots ( on either side of the debate) from misusing them
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X