Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official: atheistic fundamentalism exists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say tomato, I say tomaato.

Or something like that.

Anyway, it's a Cybershy thread

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Ok, atheism is a bunch of religions, like monotheism. Do we agree now :P
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• No, you've still failed to address Perf's points.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I am mildly amused how Kuci got "pwned" again, so to speak...he has a habit of that happening.

I like you Cybershy, you're funny. In a 'laugh at, not with' kind of way

Those bastard atheists, having books...and there was me thinking that books were a sign of civilisation and enlightenment...

As I have tried to point out time and time again, atheism dictates very little about your existence. It is a standpoint, a conclusion, if you will. Apart from that, you can get on with your life in whatever way you like. Cruel or kind, rich or poor, gay or straight...it really has no bearing on those aspects of life, unlike major religions. I decide how I live my life.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
            Religion is not all about gods. Most eastern religions aren't about gods. ancient buddhism is atheistic, in example.

Religion is an attempt to answer the question about the sense of life. The answer can be "There is no sense thus you have to pluck the day."
            People base their vision on life on their religion. Some use gods for that, other symbols and rithuals. Some use demigods. Others worship nature.

Atheism is clearly a religion.
            - it has books
            - it has leaders
            - it has the will to preach
            - it has a vision on life
            - it has impact on their vision of life
            - they have rituals (post videos on youtube saying that you deny God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is clearly a ritual.)

agnosticism is most probably the only 'neutral' vision on life and may be handled as a non-religion.
            Arguing that atheism is the lack of religion shows that you have no clue about religions at all.
            No, Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a god or gods.

A = without
            Theos = god

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

If you believe that life make no sense and there is no god you'll live a totally different life then believing that life makes sense and there is or there are gods.

Based on atheism people may decide to pluck the day, to listen to no one, to make their life one big fun party.
              Or they may become depressed.

Like all religions the impact of atheism to it's believers may differ. Not all christians are allike either, and neither are all muslims. But the atheists share their idea that life makes no sense and they don't have to explain to a higher being why they did the stuff that they did.

Read Nietsche, it comes with a lot of stuff on how atheism should perform. He has his ideas on how mankind should evolve.

Hitler brought that to a new level, the ubermensch should reign over the untermensch.
              Lenin and Stalin's atheism resulted in the struggle for equallity for all men.
              both slaughtered many people to reach their pure atheist goals, like almost all religions slaughtered many people. Yes, people are prepared to kill for the stuff they believe in.

Religion sucks. So does christian religion, muslim religion. And so does atheistic religion. Religion is an invention of man. Stupid rituals and morals to live to, believing that man kan become a higher person by doing the stupid stuff it does.

Yes, I'm a christian, no, I'm not religious.
              And true, not all atheists are religious, my thread is about atheistic fundamentalistics.
              Atheism != Nihilism. mixing the two up, or claiming Athesists can't have morals, is typical anti-Atheist bigotry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perfection
                That's the other side of the equation that has yet to be mentioned. Shared values does not equate religion. Religion requires elements that are generally considered supernatural and some level of traditionalism and rituals.
                I think it depends on the values and how you believe in them. If you don't attach your values to a supernatural reason for holding them then I suppose they dont really mean anything at all, and you shouldn't hold them as dearly.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacc
                  Wait, wtf?
                  I haven't bothered to read the thread (since nothing interesting is ever said anyway) but it almost appears that Oerdin and PA ganged up on ye Kuci.
                  Nothing I can't handle...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    - and at people who define religion as any belief system, or point-of-view, regardless of the presence of god/s.
                    Should atheism be protected under religious freedoms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      I suppose I should be happy I don't live in a free country, then.
                      You have a state church (assuming you're still in Sweden). Of course you don't live in a free country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

Atheism != Nihilism. mixing the two up, or claiming Athesists can't have morals, is typical anti-Atheist bigotry.
                        Well Perfection is saying that atheism is anti-faith. How can you have morals without faith? If you were to say that athiests hold all their believes based on rational thinking then I say that they are not religious, but if they base their belief on morals I say that they are religious.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Perfection

I used to dislike him, but now he's cool
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                            Well Perfection is saying that atheism is anti-faith. How can you have morals without faith? If you were to say that athiests hold all their believes based on rational thinking then I say that they are not religious, but if they base their belief on morals I say that they are religious.
                            Where did you come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                              What would be the point in spamming a forum that encourages it?
                              QFT. It's for teh kidz.

"lol i can spam here im such a hotshot LOL nobody will catch mee!!!"
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You have a state church (assuming you're still in Sweden). Of course you don't live in a free country.
                                Sweden does not have a state church.
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X