Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's official: atheistic fundamentalism exists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me? Who kicked their asses? And which nation allied with them?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Religion need not be about "God" since a religion can be polytheistic or even non-theistic.

BUt you are correct, lack of religion is not a religion.
      I believe the point was that if atheism one's religion, then why does one go around preaching how one is correct in one's atheism, even in situations where it's obvious nobody is going to change their minds about the subject no matter what is said?

Nobody is going to change anyone's fundamental beliefs with a two paragraph blurb on a web site, yet still some invididuals keep on banging their heads against this brick wall.

Comment

Welcome to the OTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Excuse me? Who kicked their asses?
          Finland did, in the winter of 1944-1945.

Welcome to the OTF.
          This is not really characteristic of Apolyton's OTF, your insane and completely unfounded "his arguments should be ignored because he's a racist" -arguments are. They make nice trolls which could probably be counter-trolled and counter-counter-trolled ad infinitum.

Unfortunately I've got a work interview to be in this morning, and since I want to get out of the hellhole I'm employed in now, I want to make a good impression by showering properly.

Comment

Welcome to the OTF.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              Finland did, in the winter of 1944-1945.
              Whoosh.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

I believe the point was that if atheism one's religion, then why does one go around preaching how one is correct in one's atheism, even in situations where it's obvious nobody is going to change their minds about the subject no matter what is said?
                Because it is not "obvious." If things were so obvious, why would there be so many missionaries around the world trying to convert one person of one religion to another?
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Because it is not "obvious." If things were so obvious, why would there be so many missionaries around the world trying to convert one person of one religion to another?
                  Missionaries are trying to convert people exactly because they're doing it in the name of religion. Non-violent missionaries are motivated by a sincere belief that if they can't convert the invididuals they're currently trying to convert, those poor souls are going straight to hell.

Atheists don't hold that sort of belief, hence those of them who try to convert people are just wasting their time for nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

Missionaries are trying to convert people exactly because they're doing it in the name of religion. Non-violent missionaries are motivated by a sincere belief that if they can't convert the invididuals they're currently trying to convert, those poor souls are going straight to hell.

Atheists don't hold that sort of belief, hence they're hitting their wasting their time for no reason at all.
                    Okay, then why the **** do you care what they do with their time? You their mother or something?

Comment

Because evangelical atheists are obnoxious.

Comment

(1) You caught me in the middle of an edit where I was trying to fix my grammar.

(2) Because they're filling internet fora such as Apolyton and Eventis with their endless spam/ramblings/opinions which aren't really productive or anything. Kinda like Cybershy in this thread, to be honest. Nothing ever comes out of these threads besides insults which are quickly forgotten.

Comment

Welcome to the OTF.

Comment

Because evangelical atheists are obnoxious.
                            So are you, but thankfully we don't make threads about you.

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

Deja vu. Stupider and stupidest are acceptable words.
                              "People from Jupiter are more stupider."

No, you pikey, swill drinking bastard. They are not gramatically correct usages in that context.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

(2) Because they're filling internet fora such as Apolyton and Eventis with their endless spam/ramblings/opinions which aren't really productive or anything. Kinda like Cybershy in this thread, to be honest. Nothing ever comes out of these threads besides insults which are quickly forgotten.
                                If people want to respond, then they will. Trolls feed on attention, and the ones to blame for giving them attention are the others. Each is responsible for their own actions. NO one holds a gun to your head as to which thread you will post in, or look at.

Comment

Working...
                                X