No announcement yet.

Two views of secularism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks horrendously complicated compared to the simplicity of the Western alphabets (not just Roman, but Cyrillic and Greek too) - the only thing that can trip those languages up (especially English and French) is their lack of phonetic spelling.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
      It's an abugida script. Here's the wiki link for the script itself.
      Interesting, these are abugida scripts too.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm sorry for my mistake. Please remember english is not my primary language.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
          I'm sorry for my mistake. Please remember english is not my primary language.
          We've noticed

And don't don't be intimidated by crazy aneeshm...he's stark raving bonkers
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, and for note: he didn't agree with me.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The first one is called धर्म निरपेक्षता - which means tradition secularism, where the state does not interfere in religion, treats all religion equally, and does not allow religion to interfere with its functioning.

The second is called सर्व धर्म समभाव - which means embracing all religions, and actively participating in them and acting in their best interests (as seen by the state).

Which is the better one? Which the more sustainable? Which more practical? Which fairer?
              The first

For my evidence I refer the right honorable gentleman to the millennia of theocratic governments that started out by "embracing" religion and ended up committing mass murder in the name of God.

Comment

Working...
              X