No announcement yet.

Two views of secularism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More to the first one. The best position, it seems to me, is to treat religion as nothing more than one more voluntary social organization. In the eyes of the State, there should be no difference at all between the Rotary Club, the PTA, the Society for Creative Anachronism, and the Roman Catholic Church (a/k/a, the Society for Not-Very-Creative Anachronism).
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
      The scribbles would be NOTHING without Teh Line. The line is for them like a tree to the leafs, like mother to quintuplets in her tummy, it gives them nutrients and oxygen. Without it, they'd fall down, dry off and be carried away by the wind...
      It's time to cut the cord. The scribbles can't rely on there mother forever they want to survive. It's better to set them free and let them find their own identities.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Thai always looks cool to me, all those circles and swirls

หนึ่งพันห้าร้อยยี่สิบสี่ล้านหกแสนห้าหมื่นสี่พันห้า ร้อยหกสิบสี่บาทถ้วน
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Thai always looks cool to me, all those circles and swirls

หนึ่งพันห้าร้อยยี่สิบสี่ล้านหกแสนห้าหมื่นสี่พันห้า ร้อยหกสิบสี่บาทถ้วน
          Been learning it for your new bird?
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I hear you're not very good with birds. Do remind me, why is it that Iain won't talk to you any more?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's a name from the past.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I hear you're not very good with birds. Do remind me, why is it that Iain won't talk to you any more?
                Do tell
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

He really pissed off a female friend of his, messed her around one hell of a lot. I say she had a lucky escape - she'd have very quickly discovered he has the depth of a puddle - and the charm to match
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

What does "messed her around" mean?
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Did I ever mention that he put his hands down the trousers of a university friend (male of course) and promptly got a beer poured over his head. Stew is a complete closet case but fails to acknowledge it.

Of course, Stew has to learn that those in glass houses certainly should not throw stones.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        What does "messed her around" mean?
                        I am not sure of precise details, but I think she was interested (poor lass) and he strung her along...and acted like a bit of a dick...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Did I ever mention that he put his hands down the trousers of a university friend (male of course) and promptly got a beer poured over his head. Stew is a complete closet case but fails to acknowledge it.

Of course, Stew has to learn that those in glass houses certainly should not throw stones.
                          Completely made up
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'd believe Stew would fondle of man's naughty bits.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

Completely made up
                              You'd like that to be the case. Problem for you is mate, I learned a lot on my visits to Aberystwyth, more than you did it would seem
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Actually Stew, from what I've seen you're a fairly lonely person nowadays - you seem to sit in your flat and drink yourself into a stupour. And you seem to have this desire to compete with me, I've observed this so many times in the past, and you'll do anything, anything to try and get one over on me.
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X