Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh Vodka Thread

I like them all

Except for Kalanov, which is the cheapest, crappiest Indian vodka.

Smirnoff is a loyal mixer workhorse, and Smirnoff Export Strength (100 proof) always does the trick . Gordons is cheap and very good for the price. Skyy isn't bad, and better than Svedka, Finlandia, and Danzka, but Absolut probably owns this price range. Three Olives is interesting, but it's English, and drinking English vodka is weird.

A notch above would be the trusty shooters and martini vodkas. Ketel One is overrated, Grey Goose deserves its reputation, and Belvedere is up there too. Level is good, but overmarketed. Ciroc is good, and undermarketed. My personal favourite here, though, would be Zyr. I like Stoli, but it's overrated too, and carries too much yuppie baggage. Stoli does do flavours pretty well (Stoli Bluberri ). I hear good things about Vox, but have never tried it. Hangar One lived up to its hype, though I've never tried it unflavoured.

For sipping, though, I like Armadale, Chopin, and perhaps my favourite vodka of them all, Jewel of Russia. Straight from the freezer, out of a chilled glass When I'm feeling particularly wealthy, I shoot the stuff too
    Jacquins/McCormick/Kalanov/Romanov/Popov :scared:
    0.79%
    Gordons
    1.59%
    Smirnoff
    11.11%
    Skyy
    6.35%
    Svedka
    1.59%
    Danzka
    3.17%
    Finlandia
    7.94%
    Absolut
    10.32%
    Three Olives
    3.17%
    Grey Goose
    8.73%
    Belvedere
    5.56%
    Ketel One
    3.97%
    Level
    2.38%
    Stolichnaya
    8.73%
    Ciroc
    3.17%
    Russian Standard
    2.38%
    Hangar One
    2.38%
    Vox
    2.38%
    Pravda
    1.59%
    Zyr
    1.59%
    Chopin
    2.38%
    Armadale
    1.59%
    Jewel of Russia
    1.59%
    Any banana-flavoured vodka
    5.56%
    Last edited by LordShiva; February 1, 2007, 20:24.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

I don't drink much of it, but I generally buy Stoli or Grey Goose.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      I don't drink much of it, but I generally buy Stoli or Grey Goose.

JM
      How can you SAY that when there is a Vox option!!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I have also purchased Absolut and Smirnoff. There was a particular bad drunk episode where I drank over half a bottle of Smirnoff 100 proof at a party after not eating anything for day... and had red in my puke.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have tried the Popov before also, that is foul tasting stuff and I won't drink it.

I haven't tried Vox.. I am a failure as a leader

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

We at GS prefer Wine

nah, out of all those...which ever one is closest at hand when the bar isn't open, or the one that gives the most alcohol/£. Though I prefer Absolut when pissed.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Also, Heresson raises a very valid point here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=162191
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Ketel One
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I like Smirnoff, especially the flavoured ones, those can make you drunk without even noticing you are actually drinking vodka
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    without even noticing you are actually drinking vodka
                    What's the point of that?

Comment

Ok, a few comments:

Gordon's is not a vodka, it's a Gin. Unless you have some weird Indian vodka with the same name.

Skyy is as different from Absolut as you can get - Skyy is a rough, grainy, flavoursome vodka that you couldn't mix in anything other than a Vodka Martini or some other such cocktail. Absolut is crisp, clean and pure, great for anything that you don't really want to taste.

Again with Grey Goose, Belvedere and Ketel One - the former two are really smooth, brilliant for screwdrivers or Harvey Wallbangers (or non-hangover shots, even homemade flavoured shots), whereas Ketel One is a Vodka Martini drink. Drinking it in anything else would be wrong, as it's got a flavour that balances vermouth really well.

I agree on Level being overmarketed (although more overpriced IMO), and Stoli flavours being good (even better than Absolut's), but I could never call Stoli overrated. It's so incredibly cheap, at least here it is, and it has flavour. On a budget, it's Smirnoff for mixing and Stoli for Vodka Martini's or such. With more money, it would go to Finlandia/Absolut for mixing, and then with even more to Grey Goose/Belvedere for mixing and Skyy or Ketel One for Vodka Martini's or straight.

My main point is that most people prefer one vodka to another because they drink one type of vodka-based drink and thus prefer the vodka that works best for that. The key is matching your vodkas to your drinks.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        Gordon's is not a vodka, it's a Gin. Unless you have some weird Indian vodka with the same name.
                        It's made by the same guys:

Stoli isn't cheap here. Probably because it's overhyped.

Comment

What? No Zubrowka, no Krupnik?

This poll is invalid
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

This poll is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

This poll is invalid
                              Holy ****, how could I have forgot. I was in the college bar the other night, and noticed they had this nice, new Zubrowka bottle sitting on the cabinet. Since when? I don't know. But I'm now drinking in there until it's gone. It's £1.30 for a shot with apple juice, which is *insanely* cheap, being a college bar and all.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                              X