Iraqis Win One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCO

1. Like I said, I'm well aware that the militia are Shia. THat was your initial point. Don't take me for a Bush lackey who wants to pacify the place and fight all comers, etc. But thanks for the follow on clarification on which one of the SHia they were. I really can't be so arsed to worry about that.

2. I argue that partiticon (and cleansing is an effective way to get partition) is a means to stability. Read the website that I referred you to.

Comment

I hate it when I mean to edit, but I quote.

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure that I'm pro cleansing. I'm just not pro protecting the Sunnis from it. If you know what I mean. Sunni.

Comment

Sure, I understand what you're saying. Trying to play Kissinger trying to play Bismarck. It just makes very little sense from any perspective perhaps besides that of Iranian hardliners. Throw away cooperation with basically the entire Islamic world (mostly Sunni) for the support of some Iraqi thugs. That's absurd. The author dismisses the widening war issue too easily as well. The Saudis have threatened to intervene if the militias aren't muzzled. He didn't even address the Turkish problem. Intellectually lazy.

Like I said, I'm well aware that the militia are Shia.

Wasn't my point. You were grouping the guys who are the subject of this thread in with the Sadrists. Not really accurate.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

And yes, Sunnis are better than Shias, just like Prots are better than Catholics. Hierarchical clergy
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
            X