No announcement yet.

Movie Cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of nBSG, another British bad guy - Baltar is played by an English actor and is the only major character to speak with a British accent. Then again, he's more of a complicated character than a pure villain.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
      I don't pin the blame on hollywood so much as the censors they have to contend with in the US market.
      Yes I know but, well, if make films for Hitler you're not without some guilt.

A more serious cliché that was left out both of the sex and pregancy sections was the matter of abortion; hardly ever a viable option on the silver screen - if even mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

Yes I know but, well, if make films for Hitler you're not without some guilt.

A more serious cliché that was left out both of the sex and pregancy sections was the matter of abortion; hardly ever a viable option on the silver screen - if even mentioned.
        I remember multiple "very special" episodes in various TV series in the 80's that would show a couple agonizing over a pregnancy and then happily returning their family to normal by bravely choosing to abort the unplanned child.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Speaking of nBSG, another British bad guy - Baltar is played by an English actor and is the only major character to speak with a British accent. Then again, he's more of a complicated character than a pure villain.
          He's just a pathetic sex addict.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Padme: Something wonderful has happened. Ani, I'm pregnant.
            Anakin: That's...that's wonderful.
            Padme: What are we going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
              SEX

* All beds have a special L-shaped top sheet, which reaches up to armpit level on women but only to waist level on men.
              * No-one ever needs a kleenex after sex.
              * If you're a woman in a film and have just finished a steamy lovemaking session, make sure to lay back and pull the sheets up to your neck, just like in real life.
              * All women moan during sex, but none sweat.
              * Women (and men less often) either make love with their underclothes on or have put them back on in the immediate aftermath.
              * Two total strangers, upon falling into bed together, will always reach an incredibly intense, mutual, and SIMULTANEOUS orgasm on the first try.

It always bothered me in TV shows and even movies when the woman got up to go do something and tried to cover up. The just ****ed you and now your being modest? Although there are some women who insist on sex in the dark.
              why would one need a kleenex after sex?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                why would one need a kleenex after sex?

Sometimes I hate being a clean freak.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                X