No announcement yet.

We have a blizzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record-breaking cold in southern California.

Comment

Coloradan Builds 18-Hole Ice Golf Course
      Players Need Warm Gloves, Special Shoes

POSTED: 8:33 am PST January 17, 2007
      UPDATED: 8:42 am PST January 17, 2007

TWIN LAKES, Colo. -- A Colorado resident has taken advantage of the latest round of cold and snow to hit the Rockies to build a full 18-hole golf course on solid ice.

For Charlie Gandy, who lives in the small town of Twin Lakes, Colo., a cold, snowy day is the perfect time to hit the tees.

"Maybe I'm not the sharpest knife in the ... cabinet," Gandy said.

Gandy has just finished the 73-par golf course, which is built on the ice of Twin Lakes.

Players need warm gloves, special golf shoes and the right state of mind to play. "No sissies," said Gandy.

This is extreme golf, in snow, ice and wind that will knock your hat off.

And don't look for a regular golf cart, because at Twin Lakes, they use Jeeps.

Golfers even get to use special golf balls equipped with microchips. They can be found in the snow using radar.

Sometimes Gandy has to shovel snow from greens that are anything but. He also uses branches for flags.

A round of golf on the Twin Lakes ice golf course will cost you about $22 or $30 if you rent a Jeep.

Gandy said the ice should be good well into April.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        doesn't get this cold often in the desert. here's a pic

funny watching my dog try to drink out of my frozen fountain in my front yard.
        Erm, why did your picture change from one of a frozen fountain to one of an active Koi pond?
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

yeah that's weird. They must have deleted the other picture, and renamed one with the same name. I doubt they keep pictures on their website for very long.

That wasn't actually my picture. My fountain isn't that large!! That was a frozen fountain in front of a small hotel in Las Vegas.

Comment

Working...
          X