No announcement yet.

A friend of mine died today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling artifacts aren't really visible with any decent software. Bigger is probably better, to minimize (the visibility of) compression artifacts, and laptops are a mixed bag wrt resolution.

Comment

I can't use it because the point will be lost if the res is reduced any further, but what a nice picture she took.
      Attached Files
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why can't you use it? It's resolution is below the resolution of the screen it will be played on.

Comment

I think you've misunderstood. I'm making a still collage as a precursor for the slide show.

I have to incorporate at least 6-8 pictures in a single still frame. I suppose I could crop a bit and allow a corner of the central photo to insert in the top right (putting this in the bottom left)
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Feedback?
            Attached Files
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's hard to lose a loved one or a friend. It's even harder when they're young and/or the loss is sudden and unexpected.

It makes one question what life is all about, or if it's about anything at all other than a savage struggle for survival. And, then, from those depths of despair, one looks up to see the stars, planets and moons wheeling overhead, the faces of the newborns who blessed our world today, the small acts of kindness each and every one of us is capable of doing, seeing nature in its beautiful forms and ... and ... hope is restored. Love comes back. The will to go on, to see what else lies on life's road ahead of us ...

FWIW, KH, you and your late friend are in my thoughts.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Ahhh sorry to hear that mate...

It is so hard to lose a friend, my friend died last year at the age of 17 and it was so hard. It makes everything you do seem so utterly pointless and stupid. There is no cure for that feeling other than time I think.

May she rest in peace.

(Gatekeeper's post absolut class )
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Sorry to hear that, KH.

Nice photos - though forgive me for not being keen on the out-of-focus looking one. Perhaps there is something there that goes over my head. My favourites are the stream on the left and the mysterious one in the middle that I can't identity but looks good anyway.

Comment

The out of focus one is nice because of the fact that there's a single cherry blossom floating downwards near the center of the frame which is captured in near-perfect focus, while the rest of the photo is out of focus.

It's absolutely surreal.

And the central picture is one of her, but I've blanked her face for privacy purposes.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH - I may be wrong, but I wouldn't use the pic with the cars - could give bad associations.

Still
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        The out of focus one is nice because of the fact that there's a single cherry blossom floating downwards near the center of the frame which is captured in near-perfect focus, while the rest of the photo is out of focus.

It's absolutely surreal.
                        Oh, THAT's what that is. Right, then.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

my condolances

keep the cherry blossom photo if it meant something about her
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X