No announcement yet.

A friend of mine died today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the way it always is.. the best leave first.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sorry KH, thats way too young.

You write it as she ws responsible for the accident - if so, it was probably merciful that she didn't survive.

And the poor father
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          Sorry KH.

RIP.

Just asking, but how does friend = I think she was 26?
          You know the exact ages of people you met after you were a teenager?

I don't (other than my wife and maybe one other person). She was more than just somebody I knew. Less than my best friend. Put her in my top 10 non-family acquaintances.

I don't know what else to call that other than "friend".

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Sorry KH, thats way too young.

You write it as she ws responsible for the accident
            I don't know whether or not she was. I don't have any details on that. Couldn't find the story in the paper.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's a pretty awful thing to happen...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't know all my freinds ages. I have to think long and hard about my immediate families ages. Extended family I don't have a clue about their ages.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Tragic. My condolences.

It's a huge shame that this is an all too common occurrence.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Sorry, KH.

It's one thing you don't get used to, nor are ever prepared for happening.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sorry man... that's horrid news.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, KH.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I've lost a few good friends of mine. I feel for you.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It is very, very dangerous to drive down here. I'm sorry our stupid drivers took one of your friends, KH.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

You know the exact ages of people you met after you were a teenager?
                              Yes, because I celebrate their birthday with them yearly when they are my friends.

Anyway, sorry for your loss again KH.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Working...
                                X