A friend of mine died today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend of mine died today

She was in a car accident over Christmas vaction (Dec 28) in which her mother died instantly. She hung on until now, and she was even expected to recover until she died this morning of complications resulting from brain injuries. I just got the news.

This is the first time I've ever had a friend die. Up to now it's been grandparents, aunts, uncles and one student of mine.

Goodbye, EJ. You were one of the sweetest people I know, in addition to being smart enough to be a high energy theorist. I'll miss you.

I can't imagine how her father and siblings feel right now.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Sorry to hear that.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

rip

Comment

sorry to hear that.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sorry to hear KH
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Oh damn.... My condolences...
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

RIP
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

How old was she?
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Comment

She was way too young to go. 26 I think. She had a great future ahead of her. She only needed another year or two to get her doctorate.

She was in a Miami hospital (the accident happened down there) so I don't know the details, but I hope to God she didn't wake up during the last week and a half. EJ was driving the car, and I know how guilty I'd feel if my mother died when I was driving.

If there are small mercies, please let that be one of them.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

RIP, and my condolences.

Comment

Ack. That sucks.

I lost one of my best friends to a car crash my freshman year of college (or was it sophmore? the memory is clearly going already!). His parents were devastated.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I've lost two real friends - one in 9th grade, and one in my senior year of college. It's a very unfamiliar feeling.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Her father flew over from Korea, and because EJ was doing well he flew back yesterday in order to bury his wife there. That poor man has had a rough couple of weeks.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X