No announcement yet.

India's "Saddam Hussein" village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka went on for a whole thread once about how he wanted to do a deaf chick.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      That's hilarious.
      Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Janaki

Don't believe the tigers are marxist.
        Rajiv Gandhi was assissinated because the Indian 'Peace-keeping' Forces that came into Sri-Lanka performed attrocities against the tamils. Had nothing to do with religion.
        Probably untrue. As far as my knowledge goes, it was because they were fighting against the LTTE rather than because they committed any atrocities. It is quite possible that they committed atrocities against the LTTE, but I doubt that can be generalised to atrocities against Tamils, because Tamil Nadu is part of India and there is a certain affinity there. We TRY not to kill our own unless absolutely necessary. The wiki says that the assassination may have been was over alleged atrocities, but cites no source. The court judgement said that it was the result of the almost personal animosity of the LTTE leader of that time with Rajiv Gandhi for sending the IPKF to Sri Lanka.

Comment

Aeson,

Oh I'm not saying this isn't a bad thing. It is. It's entirely possible that this myth will grow. It's entirely possible that one of the kids in this village (probably not one of the Saddam Husseins, though) will go off and try to blow up Americans. It's also entirely possible that this comes to nothing. We don't know.

Obviously, I find it depressing when people given credence to such an absurd distortion of reality. One of the ways of dealing with that is to laugh at it. Ultimately, what is there to do? Ask the India government to "re-educate" them? Bomb them? Of course not.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You read a Pekka thread? WTF?

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Probably untrue. As far as my knowledge goes, it was because they were fighting against the LTTE rather than because they committed any atrocities. It is quite possible that they committed atrocities against the LTTE, but I doubt that can be generalised to atrocities against Tamils, because Tamil Nadu is part of India and there is a certain affinity there. We TRY not to kill our own unless absolutely necessary. The wiki says that the assassination may have been was over alleged atrocities, but cites no source. The court judgement said that it was the result of the almost personal animosity of the LTTE leader of that time with Rajiv Gandhi for sending the IPKF to Sri Lanka.
              LTTE being tamil wouldn't that constitute atrocities against tamils? The IPKF was distrusted by the LTTE when the first came in especially when the LTTE were asked to hand in their weapons etc. Anyways, as I recall, the rift was because the IPKF came in the 'pretext' of being a 'neutral' body but switched support to the Government shortly afterwards. As for personal animosity of the LTTE Leader, this is the first time I'm hearing about that. In general the Sri-Lankan tamil community at large was not very pleased with IPKF.

As for Tamil Nadu and the not killing Tamils because of that. I believe the only reason there isn't more open support of the Sri Lankan Government by India is precisely because of tamil Nadu. If not for Tamil Nadu suport for the Sri Lankan Tamils, Indian would be more actively and openly supporting the Sri Lankan Government. I believe recently the Tamil Nadu police halted a truck of weapons being sent by the Indian Government to the Sri Lankan Government.

Anyhow, my knowledge is limited so I might be a bit off on some of my 'fact's.
              Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Why the hell would you want a deaf chick more than a blind one?
                Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  Aeson,

Oh I'm not saying this isn't a bad thing. It is. It's entirely possible that this myth will grow. It's entirely possible that one of the kids in this village (probably not one of the Saddam Husseins, though) will go off and try to blow up Americans. It's also entirely possible that this comes to nothing. We don't know.

Obviously, I find it depressing when people given credence to such an absurd distortion of reality. One of the ways of dealing with that is to laugh at it. Ultimately, what is there to do? Ask the India government to "re-educate" them? Bomb them? Of course not.

-Arrian

Agreed....but who's gonna stop some village naming his son OBL or Saddam? Come to think of it, Arrian is right. All you can do is laugh coz I remember when they showed a whole bunch of kids in Kuwait who had been named George Bush after the first gulf war. Apparently the same kids/parents were now unhappy with the name choice after the invasion of Afghanistan.
                  Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

Why the hell would you want a deaf chick more than a blind one?
                    I think it depends on the individual...If you think you've got good looks then a deaf chick works but if not you might have better luck with the blind.

The other advantage would be that the deaf girl (feels weird to say chick when I'm a chick) would most likely be mute as well. And if you aren't interested in nagging...this a good option. [I can't believe I said this]
                    Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Janaki

Speaking of babes...I had this friend who once dated a girl who was cross-eyed. He found it to be the sexiest thing. Anybody else in here share that sentiment?
                      Cross-eyed girls have what to do with Saddam's apotheosis?

Oh, and as for Jesus, just 'cos Christianity is dangerous doesn't mean it's not laughable.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Cross-eyed girls have what to do with Saddam's apotheosis?

Oh, and as for Jesus, just 'cos Christianity is dangerous doesn't mean it's not laughable.
                        HEY! Don't look at me. Lorizael said we should change it to a babe thread.
                        Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          We can learn from it and not contribute to it in the future. We could also stop looking down on the rest of the world and instead start taking people seriously. Laughing things off is one way to ignore problems and not actually address them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                            Laughing things off is one way to ignore problems and not actually address them.
                            Ranting about it to apathetic people on an internet forum is another.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                              Ranting about it to apathetic people on an internet forum is another.
                              You may say it's not helpful, it may not be. Though in any case Arrian is someone who's opinion I highly regard, and discussing an issue with him is very useful for me to further my own understanding and view, as I hope it is for him. I would not consider him apathetic in the least, even if he doesn't agree with me on a given issue.

You could say that my posting here is ignoring or diverting from other problems perhaps. It certainly is a diversion from real life. But it's idiotic to insist that by addressing a specific problem that I am ignoring that specific problem.

Comment

You know, aeson, nobody likes a preacher.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X