No announcement yet.

India's "Saddam Hussein" village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*nod* You are correct. The rest of the world is not awash in ignorance, unaware of the brilliant beacon of knowledge America has to offer.

This tiny, poor, isolated village in India, however, probably is.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Janaki

That aside, the issue in most cases no so much that these people love Saddam Hussein. Often it's just that they don't appreciate the West impossing their values and culture on them. They love for Saddam is more about tell the Americans that they don't want American messing with their culture.
      Since when did America start imposing her culture on Indian Muslims living in Bihari villages?

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Since when did America start imposing her culture on Indian Muslims living in Bihari villages?
        Honey, American's impose there culture just about everywhere.
        Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          *nod* You are correct. The rest of the world is not awash in ignorance, unaware of the brilliant beacon of knowledge America has to offer.

This tiny, poor, isolated village in India, however, probably is.
          These villagers are not the only once this debate is about. But I do appreciate the sarcasm.
          Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Hey, did you guys know that from 1980-2004 the group that made the most use of suicide bombing as a tactic was the Tamil Tigers? And no, that's not the name of a sports team, they are a violent Marxist Hindu group doing all sorts of things in Sri Lanka.

Hinduism... the religion of peace.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              Hey, did you guys know that from 1980-2004 the group that made the most use of suicide bombing as a tactic was the Tamil Tigers? And no, that's not the name of a sports team, they are a violent Marxist Hindu group doing all sorts of things in Sri Lanka.

Sorry dear, I don't think the Tamil Tigers are a Hindu group. The majority of tamils in Sri-Lanka happen to be Hindu. The Tigers are not a religious organization.
              Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Go away, Sava. There are better threads in which to bait aneeshm.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sorry dear, I don't think the Tamil Tigers are a Hindu group. The majority of tamils in Sri-Lanka happen to be Hindu. The Tigers are not a religious organization.
                  I GOT ONE... let me reel him in
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I GOT ONE... let me reel him in
                    Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Funny thing is, I'm not even Hindu.
                      Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Ethnic conflict!=Religious conflict.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by these people, and he was a Hindu.

And Marxist? I never knew they were Marxist. Wouldn't being a Hindu group and being a Marxist group at the same time be rather odd? I mean, Marxism denies religion.

Comment

Funny thing is, I'm not even Hindu.

Or a "him"
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I see we have another believer in "American Cultural Imperialism."

Our culture is only "imposed" when we use force - and we have used force in a number of places over the years, I know. Otherwise, it succeeds or fails on its merits. A US company that sets up shop and sells burgers or whatever does not = an imposition of American culture. It's a successful business. Now if the US Marine Corps shows up to force a nation to accept Mickey D's, that's another matter. If we invade a country and attempt to remake it in our image (ahem), that's imposition.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sigh.

Comment

I should probably let this go, I know.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X