X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil
    Funny thing is, I'm not even Hindu.

Or a "him"
    I don't bother to learn the gender of noobs or DL's.

If they have a custom title, then I might pay attention. But barring a skirt test (looking to see what's under there), I assume someone is a dude because gaming forums usually are comprised of guys.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

Ethnic conflict!=Religious conflict.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by these people, and he was a Hindu.

And Marxist? I never knew they were Marxist. Wouldn't being a Hindu group and being a Marxist group at the same time be rather odd? I mean, Marxism denies religion.
      Don't believe the tigers are marxist.
      Rajiv Gandhi was assissinated because the Indian 'Peace-keeping' Forces that came into Sri-Lanka performed attrocities against the tamils. Had nothing to do with religion.
      Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        Funny thing is, I'm not even Hindu.

Or a "him"
        Yeah that too...but I figured I'd let it go.
        Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Welcome back, Sava... you haven't been around much. How are things?

Looks like your blatant troll may take control of the thread. Bravo

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

good... I transferred and started a new semester ... I've been busy...

In fact, I gotta leave for my next class. I'll troll you guys later.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I don't bother to learn the gender of noobs or DL's.
              I don't know what a noob is...does that make me more believable as a 'she'?
              Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Oh, snap, she said Indians committed atrocities on someone; place your bets. My money's on Aneeshm to win, just due to his experience and unbelievable persistence.

Good job, Sava.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  I should probably let this go, I know.

-Arrian
                  Oh, I agree with you on the imperialism bit. I was sighing the predictable response to the transparent troll.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

[Sava]That's exactly what a dude posing as a chick would say [/Sava]

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

[Sava]That's exactly what a dude posing as a chick would say [/Sava]

-Arrian
                      I guess there's no winning this one. Truth is, I is a real girl...boobs and all. Ask Richelieu, he knows me...then again, I wouldn't trust him.
                      Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Ask Richelieu about your boobs? Ok...

My wife wouldn't be too impressed, so I'll refrain.

-Arrian

Comment

I can sense that we might be able to save this mess by turning it into a babe thread. We'll have to get LordShiva back in here, though.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ask Richelieu about your boobs? Ok...

My wife wouldn't be too impressed, so I'll refrain.

-Arrian
                            You guys
                            Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

I don't find this very amusing. It may seem completely unrealistic to outsiders, but every culture does this sort of thing with their martyrs/heroes of choice (and the inverse with their villains). It's why you should never make someone a martyr in the first place.

For those who don't think this could come back to haunt us, remember Jesus was executed once upon a time as a criminal, and now a couple billion people believe that instead of an execution it was man's salvation, and that he will return (after an apocalypse some even welcome or would work towards bringing about). Myth that surrounds a persona can drastically change the nature of who they are and what really happened, and almost always embellishes both subjects greatly. This is a very bad status for Saddam (and OBL) to have taken on anywhere, and it can continue to spread. Such are the seeds of myth.

(For those who may have trouble with analogy, I am not comparing Jesus to Saddam (or OBL). Certainly the mythology surrounding Jesus is far removed from the reality of Saddam or OBL, and just as importantly we don't have any first-hand accounts of Jesus' life, and the accounts we do have would have to be considered as biased a perspective as these villager's perspective is on Saddam. What the reality was surrounding Jesus' life is not a subject I feel there is evidence enough to argue over. I am comparing the nature (not the extent) of the view spawned by Saddam's execution to the view spawned by Jesus'.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                                I can sense that we might be able to save this mess by turning it into a babe thread. We'll have to get LordShiva back in here, though.
                                Speaking of babes...I had this friend who once dated a girl who was cross-eyed. He found it to be the sexiest thing. Anybody else in here share that sentiment?
                                Janaki the Jaguire

Comment

Working...
                                X