Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ethical to turn potentionally gay babies straight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KGB FSB interrogation techniques are....a state secret
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      I know a girl who wants all her future sons (she wants to have 12 children) to be gay.
      you know weird girls.

Comment

Are they going to figure out how the fix the grown up ones that are gay, too?

Comment

I'm against outlawing research or restricting it

Ditto. So, I don't see anything wrong with this, or turning babies gay, if you want.

Though I'm sure Ozzy is going to come by and say "AGEIST"
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:
            I know a girl who wants all her future sons (she wants to have 12 children) to be gay.

kids are like 8.7% more likely to be gay if they have older brothers as opposed to 5.2%..... something like taht. dont quote me, i just kno its around there.... so the 12th kid should be without a doubt gay.

Comment

Our societies already give a largely free hand to parents to warp their children in almost any way they please. How is this any different?

Comment

why did I open this thread
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I don't really have a problem with this. To be honest, as much as I support gay rights, I wouldn't really care if homosexuality disappeared from the Earth completely.

Then again, I also wouldn't care if heterosexuality disappeared from the Earth completely, so long as the human species still had a way to propagate itself.

If there's no actual discrimination against a group of people involved, it's a non-issue to me.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

In the name of science? No problem. Important to explore.

The actual application of this in normal life? Disagreed. If you'd be able to do this, .. it would implicate that there's something wrong with gay people, and they need to be 'fixed'. I find this highly Orwellian and against the rights of an individual. Absolutely and conclusively NO.

Just because I'm not gay, or I don't understand the attraction in it, it doesn't mean others aren't allowed to know it, feel it, do it. Why do I think I have the right to restrict the lives of other people who are not harming me? I don't have that kind of power. Besides, from religious point of view, why would we think we need to fix God's work? Obviously they were intended to be gay, or if not, God is making mistakes and is imperfect, in which case the whole case rumbles down.

Maybe we should leave gays alone, as in admit that there's nothing wrong in them? What's wrong in them? Until I see what's wrong, that needs a fix, I believe there's nothing wrong in gay people.

I'd much rather fix the babies who will become fat and bigots too.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      ...and they need to be 'fixed'.
                      LOL they already are.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

In what way? I don't mean in scientific exploration, that's fine by me. We need to do that stuff IMO. But for this to be actually applied as a normal procedure, that's another story.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I was making a stupid joke. Gay sex = no babies = fixed.

Comment

I never joke when I talk about gays. So it was only natural I didn't get it.
                            In da butt.

Comment

I'm sorry. I know how important the gays are to you, Pekka.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                                quote:

kids are like 8.7% more likely to be gay if they have older brothers as opposed to 5.2%..... something like taht. dont quote me, i just kno its around there.... so the 12th kid should be without a doubt gay.

why are you posting here? You're spreading like a disease.
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X