X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Is that latin?
    Bey-oay he-tay ing-may!
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

it is very proper latin, unless word annecto, annectare does not exist, because I've made it up
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

What's this part? I can't get my focus. "Bey-oay".
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          What's this part? I can't get my focus. "Bey-oay".
          That's 'cause you're Texan. Texans never bey-oay anyone...'ceptin' maybe a Texas Ranger...maybe.

Comment

Ok, it clicked. Thanks.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Bey-oay he-tay ing-may!
              Whoa, that's a really messed up form of Pig Latin you're speaking there.

Comment

guys...this is the smart way. instead of landing in Mogadishu with bombs and MREs flying at the population, we fight by proxy. Ethiopia versus Somalia, Iraq versus Iran, Afghanis versus Soviets, Soviets versus Germans.

Comment

According to the latest wire reports, the Islamic militia has abandoned Mogadishu, the Somali capital. Former militia gunmen there are shedding their uniforms and switching their allegiances back to their clans.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Islamic militia starts setting off suicide bombers any week now, probably in key "military" targets such as marketplaces, buses and whatnot. Those civilians can be a menace, y'know, to the Quranic way of life favored by certain militants.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

lol

it lasted less than the 6 days war

Ethiopia kicks ass!!
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Shock and Awe

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I wanna see how Ethiopia handles this occupation. Should be an interesting contrast with Iraq and the Palestinian Territories.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Ethiopia didn't come to annex these lands, nor occupies them for a couple of decades
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                            I wanna see how Ethiopia handles this occupation. Should be an interesting contrast with Iraq and the Palestinian Territories.
                            Well, maybe they won't suffer too much from "technical malfunctions"...
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                              Ethiopia didn't come to annex these lands, nor occupies them for a couple of decades
                              Correct. According to Ethiopian officials, their main goal was to basically kick the crap out of the Islamic militia so it *and* the U.N.-backed official government had no choice but to negotiate an agreement from positions of similar strength.

Whether or not that's going to happen remains to be seen.

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                                Well, maybe they won't suffer too much from "technical malfunctions"...
                                Yeah, right. A fatal malfunction once a year is something the Somalians will be yearning for.

Let's suppose Ethiopia manages to kick the militia's asses and reinstall the legal government. Then what? Without Ethiopian military presence they're just going to get pushed out again.
                                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                                X