Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva
    It's "naan"

And the settlers will be South Indian, and we don't eat naan.
    Are those ones the Red ones?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

What?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

AETHIOPIA!

After getting rid of Somalia, it should re-take Eritrea, free Van Damme from Djibuti, annex Yemen and try to capture Mecca again!
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

It's "naan"

And the settlers will be South Indian, and we don't eat naan.
          Damn right it's "naan"!!!

But we in Maharashtra eat normal rotis (not the tandoori variety), not naan. That's a more northern dish (Maharashtra is located in the centre, so we have the best of both worlds ).

So you'll force the Africans to eat delicious idlis and dosas and uttapams and stuff like that? Mmm, sounds tasty.

South Indian food
          Imperialism
          Tasty South Indian dishes imperialism

That reminds me - according to you, wasn't it the northies who came and conquered the south? Don't you call yourself a Dravida as opposed to me being Arya?

Comment

The last thing the Horn of Africa needs is more war - the place is enough of a mess without foreign powers sinking the place further with weapons and stoking more violence.

The reason the Islamist have won so much is, because just like in Afghanistan, they created a semblence of law and order unto the total anarchy that has engulfed the place.
            Any poster here who thinks sanding weapons to Ethipopia will in the end help finish off the anarchy is either deluded or simply does not care that thousands more will die as long as it seems the "good guys" are winning....

What a sane international community would do is push both sides towards an armistace, fully and strictly enforec an arms embargo, and try to find partners to create enough stability for a semblence of civil society to resurface, maybe even work towards elections, with the assumption that the people of Somalia would not chose a hard line Islamic regime, but letting them have that choice anyways.

Of course, that would assume a sane international community....as can be seen from this thread, we obviously have no such thing.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
              AETHIOPIA!

After getting rid of Somalia, it should re-take Eritrea, free Van Damme from Djibuti, annex Yemen and try to capture Mecca again!
              BTW, this was one of my favourite threads

Molly
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                That reminds me - according to you, wasn't it the northies who came and conquered the south? Don't you call yourself a Dravida as opposed to me being Arya?
                Northies never conquered the South, they conquered the North and pushed us to the South

But only my Dad is Dravida, my Mom is Assamese.

Comment

BTW, this was one of my favourite threads

Molly
                  Molly's gone?

With a bit of luck, he's in Mogadishu right now

Middle East!

Comment

Northies never conquered the South, they conquered the North and pushed us to the South

But only my Dad is Dravida, my Mom is Assamese.
                    O RLY?

Why is it then that the purest forms of the Vedic religion (the supposedly Arya religion) are practised in the South, even when the North could not preserve them in the face of Muslim attacks? Why is it that all our great heroes are dark-skinned (Rama, Krishna, Shiva, Vishna, everyone is dark-skinned)? Why have most of the later Great Hindu people come out of the South (Adi Shankara, Ramanuja, et al)?

I'd say that there was no invasion. But if you want to draw sustenance from this delusional fantasy, go right ahead. If that is the line you take, I'll prove to you that the South and North conquered each other simultaneously, thus making the whole divisiveness thing pointless.

The South conquered because its ideals of God (the trinity of B-V-M) conquered and supplanted the older Indra bunch and by preaching the purest forms of the Arya religion, whereas the North conquered by making its texts and ideals the standards under which the South could accomplish this. All the major Arya gods become dark-skinned, and all the South became the bastion of pure Hinduism.

So drawing distinctions now is meaningless - both have formed one unified culture, in which neither has lost anything of their past reverences, nor have there been any real racial conflicts (Indians are really one race, genetically, and the so-called differences between Arya and Dravida have been shown to be non-existent).

As for your mom coming from Assam - that's quite interesting. Assam is the only province of India which is relatively whole - it has never felt the crushing boot of Islamic imperialism. The Mughals alone tried to conquer it seventeen times. Each time, they were routed and thrown back. It is the only province with an unsullied history.

What's your lineage (if you don't mind me asking, that is)?
                    Last edited by aneeshm; December 25, 2006, 15:00.

Comment

btw, Aethiopia was often called India in late-antiquity historical sources.
                      Aethiopia is the second fatherland for every Hindu
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        btw, Aethiopia was often called India in late-antiquity historical sources.
                        Aethiopia is the second fatherland for every Hindu
                        Then it is our dharmic duty to aid Ethiopia!

Onward, noble Kshatriya armies! To the Dharmayuddha!

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

O RLY?

Why is it then that the purest forms of the Vedic religion (the supposedly Arya religion) are practised in the South, even when the North could not preserve them in the face of Muslim attacks? Why is it that all our great heroes are dark-skinned (Rama, Krishna, Shiva, Vishna, everyone is dark-skinned)? Why have most of the later Great Hindu people come out of the South (Adi Shankara, Ramanuja, et al)?

I'd say that there was no invasion. But if you want to draw sustenance from this delusional fantasy, go right ahead. If that is the line you take, I'll prove to you that the South and North conquered each other simultaneously, thus making the whole divisiveness thing pointless.

The South conquered because its ideals of God (the trinity of B-V-M conquered and supplanted the older Indra bunch) and by preaching the purest forms of the Arya religion, whereas the North conquered by making its texts and ideals the standards under which the South could accomplish this. All the major Arya gods become dark-skinned, and all the South became the bastion of pure Hinduism.

So drawing distinctions now is meaningless - both have formed one unified culture, in which neither has lost anything of their past reverences, nor have there been any real racial conflicts (Indians are really one race, genetically, and the so-called differences between Arya and Dravida have been shown to be non-existent).

As for your mom coming from Assam - that's quite interesting. Assam is the only province of India which is relatively whole - it has never felt the crushing boot of Islamic imperialism. The Mughals alone tried to conquer it seventeen times. Each time, they were routed and thrown back. It is the only province with an unsullied history.

What's your lineage (if you don't mind me asking, that is)?
                          Best make a new thread for this, so as not to threadjack. Somalia and Ethiopia don't often get threads of their own

Comment

Ethiopia has an air force? Go figure...
                            A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man which he proposes to pay off with your money.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                              The last thing the Horn of Africa needs is more war - the place is enough of a mess without foreign powers sinking the place further with weapons and stoking more violence.

The reason the Islamist have won so much is, because just like in Afghanistan, they created a semblence of law and order unto the total anarchy that has engulfed the place.
                              Any poster here who thinks sanding weapons to Ethipopia will in the end help finish off the anarchy is either deluded or simply does not care that thousands more will die as long as it seems the "good guys" are winning....
                              Aren't the good guys a UN supported government?

What a sane international community would do is push both sides towards an armistace, fully and strictly enforec an arms embargo, and try to find partners to create enough stability for a semblence of civil society to resurface, maybe even work towards elections, with the assumption that the people of Somalia would not chose a hard line Islamic regime, but letting them have that choice anyways.

Of course, that would assume a sane international community....as can be seen from this thread, we obviously have no such thing.
                              Yeah. It's a bunch of kids typing on the internet that has made such a mess of the world.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

They tie a bomb to a duck, and shoot down the duck when it flies over mogadishu
                                I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X