No Big Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Big Bang

The recent discussion about the Big Bang, Dark Matter and Dark Energy got me thinking. I wondered if there could be something like "anti-light" that could explain Dark Energy. When I conducted a search, I hit upon this:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

and later

Tired light, redshift, red shift, hubble constant, hubble, cmb, cosmic microwave radiation, electron, photon, light, cosmology, cosmos, galaxy, recession, big bang, inflation, universe, expanding universe, expansion

The authors say that red-shifting is due to "tired light" and not due to movement away from Earth. Red shifting caused by motion works only if the Earth is the center of the universe and everything is moving away from us. Tired light suggests that light loses energy the further it travels and that galaxies can actually be moving towards us and still appear red shifted.

This theory explains why stars and galaxies 15 billion light years away from us appear to be much older than Earth and the Milky Way and therefor must be older than the universe itself under the Big Bang theory. They are, in fact, older because the universe did not begin just 15 billion years ago.

The authors demonstrate that the Big Bang is impossible and that the universe is at least 1,100 billion light years in radius based on observations.

Any comments from our estimed physicists here?
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

nediverse is exploding with infinite insanity
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If the universe has always existed I will have to become an atheist, so I prefer that the big bang is true
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Re: No Big Bang

Originally posted by Ned

The authors say that red-shifting is due to "tired light" and not due to movement away from Earth. Red shifting caused by motion works only if the Earth is the center of the universe and everything is moving away from us.
          Red shift also "works" if one assumes that everything in the universe is moving and that most things are moving away from each other, as the results of explosions normally do.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The universe didn't always exist, physicist or not.
            Scientists can't explain how the matter involved in the "Big Bang" occured, without God.
            It's always the show stopper. "Uh, well... ."
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

and then the show stops when the physicist says "i may not have all the answers but im not going to make an arguement from ignorance."
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Tired light ... that explains it. I'm tired all the time, so I must be a light particle
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  and then the show stops when the physicist says "i may not have all the answers but im not going to make an arguement from ignorance."
                  Get back with me when he thinks he does.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: No Big Bang

Originally posted by GePap

Red shift also "works" if one assumes that everything in the universe is moving and that most things are moving away from each other, as the results of explosions normally do.
                    Maybe. But take a look at the very interesting geometry proof the author supplies in the first article.

BTW, did you know that some galaxies are "blue-shifted." How is this possible with Big Bang. Also, how can galaxies be older than the universe?
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

sloww hates science and scientists

Comment

The Big Bang is a discrete moment of creation, and is thereby evidence of God. Why would you seek to disprove it, Ned?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          The Big Bang is a discrete moment of creation, and is thereby evidence of God. Why would you seek to disprove it, Ned?
                          Why is or should science be handcuffed by religion? If the BB theory is believed necessary to prove God, this might explain why the BB theory exists in the first place.

Comment

The big bang theory was first developed by a phisicist catholic priest if I recall correctly, Father Lemaitre
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No Big Bang

Originally posted by Ned

BTW, did you know that some galaxies are "blue-shifted." How is this possible with Big Bang. Also, how can galaxies be older than the universe?
                              There is only one major galaxy that is blue-shifted, the Andromeda galaxy. And its coming toward us because its in our local group(which means it is in relatively close proximity), and the Milky Way and Andromeda are attracted gravitationally. This doesn't mean that expansion isn't true, because its the clusters of galaxies that are expanding away from each not individual galaxies in the same cluster.
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X