Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serbs to be safe from future Nato aggression at last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
    Now kosovo is cleansed of serbs, all the churches have been destroyed, and they ancestral lands are lost
    Are you happy with that oerdin?
    Serbs shot themselves in both feet in the nineties, or more precisely, Milosevic did it.

~20000 people died in Croatia and ~100000 in Bosnia in the Serb initiated conflicts.

In 1999 when Milosevic went into Kosovo (which, BTW, was boiling even in 1980s) Serbia was bombed because of what happened in Croatia and Bosnia. If it hadn't happened, Serbs would have had a much freer hand with Kosovo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Eh, have serbs apologised for... Hum, I bet they did something, knowing the regions history.
      I dont know of a formal apology, but at least the current govt has helped uncover evidence of what went on, including digging up mass graves in Kosovars in Serbia (and thus explaining why relatively few bodies were found by NATO in Kosovo) The current govt of Serbia has shown more concern for the truth than some of Milosevics apologists in the West, and Serbia, AFAICT, well deserves its entry into NATO.

Its unfortunate that as a result of the incidents in in the 1990s, Serbs have fled from Kosovo. One hopes that the settlement of the Kosovo question will result in a continued Serb presence, including the preservation of holy and historical sites.

Even where self-determination requires withdrawl, historic sites must be preserved.

Hopefully this principle will be followed by the Pal Auth wrt Jewish historic sites in Shechem, Hebron, and elsewhere on the West Bank.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

In that case I am surprised that you of all poly tubbies would support the islamic side and maybe in your case that should be seen as a healthy development.
        I'm anti all religions though I do like to point out that Mohammed was not a good person and that he had a massive streak of meglamania which shows through in his writing. Back on topic, NATO sided against Serbia mainly because Serbia's leader had been involved in three different wars where ethnic cleansing occured. Serbia was the one who pushed Yugoslavia to the point of break up, Serbia controlled the Yugoslav national army, and Serbia was the aggressor who invaded both Croatia and Bosnia then moved on to attempting to ethnically cleans Kosovo. The west decided they'd had enough of Serbia's antics and thus Serbia got bombed.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X