Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serbs to be safe from future Nato aggression at last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serbs to be safe from future Nato aggression at last?

could it be Serbia will finally be welcomed into the NATO fold?

Hopefully this will lead to full membership and defacto immunity from future NATO attempts at peacekeping the serbs into the stone age.

Serbia and Bosnia sign for Nato

Bosnia signed on 11 years after the end of its war
    Nato is welcoming three Balkan nations into the fold, as part of an effort to consign the region's recent wars and troubles to history.
    Serbia, Bosnia-Hercegovina and Montenegro are entering the alliance's Partnership for Peace programme, putting them on the path to membership.

Ceremonies were held on the 11th anniversary of the Dayton Agreement, which ended the war in Bosnia.

Other Balkan nations will become full members of Nato in coming years.

Slovenia became the first of the former Yugoslav nations to achieve full membership two years ago.

Croatia and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia are expected to join in 2008.

At a ceremony to induct Bosnia, Nato Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer said: "Bosnia-Hercegovina has finally moved from the Dayton era to the Brussels era."

Bosnian Serb leader Nebojsa Radmanovic said more than a decade after the war, "the dream of Bosnia-Hercegovina has come true".

I expect this is a bone thrown to Tadic's government to help them win the election. In return they will be expected to make not too much fuss about next months secession of Kosovo.

Comment

Kosovo should not secede, not in this shape. It has some most important cities to serbian history and culture. Changing boarders is the worst thing You can do right now. Let the time pass.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Serb
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

He'll come back.
          Middle East!

Comment

A small apology for the 1000 Serbs killed during the Kosovo campaign would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
              A small apology for the 1000 Serbs killed during the Kosovo campaign would be nice.
              I doubt the death toll will ever even be officially acknowledged much less apologized for.

Comment

Kosovo should not secede, not in this shape. It has some most important cities to serbian history and culture. Changing boarders is the worst thing You can do right now.

This is true, but if Kosovo is not granted independence, the internationals will get the same treatment as the FRY authorities did in '98. The US Govt intends secession to go ahead, and does not want things to get fugly for themselves. It's wrong, but the policy has been wrong for eight years now and won't change. The expulsion of the remaining non-Albanians, destruction of the remaining ancient monasteries & churches, and the establishment of a gangster-statelet apparantly does not worry the US Govt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                  Eh, have serbs apologised for... Hum, I bet they did something, knowing the regions history.

Have the serbs apologized for the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand?
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

So if after joining NATO the Serbs want to exterminate of suppress another population group within their own country, will this mean that they have to follow a different code of conduct?

For example will they have to ask NATO first for permission?
                    Or will they, at least, have to ask NATO if other NATO members want to join them?

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I say we let them supress the French
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                        So if after joining NATO the Serbs want to exterminate of suppress another population group within their own country, will this mean that they have to follow a different code of conduct?

There has been no extermination campaign committed by Serbia, other than in the minds of propagandists and their ignorant, sheep-like fellow-travellers. The FRY did legitimately try to defend its territory against bin-Laden supported terrorism, but got attacked by NATO for this.

The Albanian Nationalists, OTOH, have been busy driving out non-Albanians and exterminating Serbian history in NATO-controlled Kosovo for over seven years, a process which will be completed once independence is secured.

Comment

It means that in the future terrorist attacks against Serbia or FYROM will be treated as attacks on NATO.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            There has been no extermination campaign committed by Serbia, other than in the minds of propagandists and their ignorant, sheep-like fellow-travellers. The FRY did legitimately try to defend its territory against bin-Laden supported terrorism, but got attacked by NATO for this.
                            Sorry, man. But that tired old propoganda has gotten torn apart and now we just have historical facts. The Serbian government was funding and directing the Serbian seporatist forces in both Bosnia and Croatia, the Serbian forces did ethnically cleans the "Republika Serbska" portion of Bosnia of all nonSerbs, the Serbian government did order numerous massacres including the one a Srebrenica, the Serbs did indeed destroy whole Albanian villages in Kosovo (I saw them when I was there 9 months after the war ended), and Milosevic & Co ordered and supported all of it.

Those are just the historical facts.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Genocide apologists and deniers
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X