Boy holds up convenience store for $1 candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACTUALLY, the state is dry.
    It's up to a county to vote wet, and then up to each city in a wet county on whether the city has sales.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

not in washington state. they have state controlled liquor stores. beer and wine can be sold at supermarkets. in oregon Im not sure.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Bummer, but I was wondering about Washington. If I have to go to Portland sometime and I don't have to pay Oregon prices for booze, heavily sin taxed, well I'll cross the border and get some.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

MRT, looks like we're in the same boat. Cali does a great booze business with Oregon residents but it's far from me.

When we fly to the Phils we go from paying $20 for a fair bottle to paying $2.30 for a fine bottle of rum.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

3.2 beer in Washington? Utah is state run and sells that nasty stuff. Oklahoma does, too. Try to keep the Injins under control, if you know what I mean.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

actually I'd be hard pressed to find 3.2 beer. We arent slouches in that regard, it's just that hard liquor is sold in the state controlled stores. I bought a fifth of absolut vodka last night and It ran 22.50.

also selling reduced % alcohol doesnt stop alcoholism, it just boosts alcohol sales of different types.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Kid robs a candy store and it breaks down to where we can by booze the cheapest.

You make me proud, Apolyton!!!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  Is no one bothered by a twelve year old packin' a gun?
                  Alex KP can come and justify and mitigate that part for us.

EDIT: Looks like I'm too late. Serves me right for not read through the thread.
                  I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I just discovered that Pittsburgh and PA don't charge sales tax on food or clothing

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      I just discovered that Pittsburgh and PA don't charge sales tax on food or clothing
                      What's PA?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

What's PA?
                        Pennsylvania
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

But Pittsburgh is in Pennsylvania.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

PA is the abbreviation of Pennsylvania. Cities and states can also charge their own separate sales taxes.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Ok, I never encountered a city charging sales tax. Or at least never noticed.
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                                MRT, looks like we're in the same boat. Cali does a great booze business with Oregon residents but it's far from me.

When we fly to the Phils we go from paying $20 for a fair bottle to paying $2.30 for a fine bottle of rum.
                                I loved the rum there, very tasty. My friend and I went through 3 bottles one night- no hang over.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X