• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy holds up convenience store for $1 candy

Billy the Kid lives.

11:15 PM CST on Friday, December 8, 2006

By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

A boy believed to be about 12 held up a Pleasant Grove convenience store at gunpoint before school Wednesday after a girl he was with got mad at the clerk for charging her tax for candy.

At 7:40 a.m., six youths entered the Heba Mini-Mart in the 9500 block of Scyene Road near St. Augustine Drive.

A girl, whose age was not reported, tried to buy $1 worth of candy but did not "want to pay the tax on the item," according to a police report.

The clerk insisted that she would be charged the tax. "What is your problem?" asked the boy, pulling a chrome, semiautomatic pistol on the clerk.

As the boy and girl left the store, one of them took the dollar's worth of candy. The other four kids followed them out.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

The kids supposedly went to school afterwards?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Where's Asher with the justification of this activity?
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I'm waiting.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Damn candy pushers and their "taxes".

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeaaah boiii!!! I place this boy to be my new hero of libertarianism that takes radical action. You can stick that tax in your ears commie! We ain't paying it and here's my self defense equipment, defending us from your oppressive tax hoarding, PIG!!!

Yeah!
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Is no one bothered by a twelve year old packin' a gun?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

You're saying a 12 year old can't be allowed to defend themselves?

edit: didn't 50Cent sing something about 'I'll take you to a candy shop' ?? something like that.. gives a whole new meaning to it.. 'I'll rob the candy for you, pop pop. Baby get anything you want ..'
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well yeah, Wezil. That is certainly a concern.

Comment

Dallas is in Texas right ?

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

yeeeee haaaa~~~

a true Texan.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

He shoulda pistol whipped that pimplefaced candy-ho.

Charging tax on a little girl. This kid is Robin Hood!
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Did the kid argue about paying tax on the pistol?

Comment

$1 candy is pretty inconvenient.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I suspect he's also a Libertarian.

Comment

Working...
                              X