New Off Topic Forum Moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard

Our staff, management and ownership most certainly thought long and hard and for that, we ask in what way our community can help your transition from visitor to permanent Personnel come off without a hitch?

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

seriously though, what are the criteria for mods? What qualifications are necessary? Not that I really want to be a mod. I'd be too lenient. I'd let everything go. babe threads . spam threads . foreign language threads sex with dead deer threads

Comment

I just had a little bit of sick come up into my mouth.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Dodgeball
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            sex with dead deer threads

Revision

[Obligatory]

Dis for Mod

[/Obligatory]
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
              Welcome aboard

Our staff, management and ownership most certainly thought long and hard and for that, we ask in what way our community can help your transition from visitor to permanent Personnel come off without a hitch?

Grandpa Troll
              Thanks for the thoughts. I think, scary as it may seem, it would just be to carry on as normal, but accept that for a few weeks I'll still be learning (and thus probably slightly more lenient - letting something go in the first couple of weeks is a lot, lot better than unnecessary deletions and such). It's just up to me to learn how things run and then I can try and keep a consistent level of modding
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I know it might sound like heresy here, but please remember that your degree is worth a whole lot more than keeping we unruly scum in our place, and will be for the rest of your life.

Unless you want to put this on your CV.

Comment

Hehe... I'm sure my tutors will remind me. But really, it's impossible to do more than 6 or 7 hours of revision in a day, so it leaves plenty of time for everything else Also, I already have a job that's dependant on a 2:1, and I'm *really* not going to miss that.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

Thanks for the thoughts. I think, scary as it may seem, it would just be to carry on as normal, but accept that for a few weeks I'll still be learning (and thus probably slightly more lenient - letting something go in the first couple of weeks is a lot, lot better than unnecessary deletions and such). It's just up to me to learn how things run and then I can try and keep a consistent level of modding
                    Although not Staff I do Moderate 2 Forums here and will say I use my take on Moderating the same as my managing my people. I have only 46 employees currently but do so in a respectfull manner and require such on both ways. But eventually it has to be in some cases me having to enforce a rule. I never look at it as "I had to suspend" or I had to "punish" someone. I only act as a traffic cop so to speak, they do the offense I execute the time

Basically if a person is within reason I let things go that are minimal, until the time to draw the line. Then ya get to earn that $ 50.00 US Dollars per banning fee

Maybe pick a point between the three of these guys and thats a good starting point before making a judgement call

Gramps
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Good luck!
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        Thanks for the welcome guys, I hope I live up to it

Hey, I was young when I wrote that!
                        Ah, the indiscretions of youth. Well, I suppose we could be persuaded to overlook it...
                        B♭3

Comment

Who?

Comment

Can you access Apolyton from the Brian Blessed common room?
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Good. Being a dedicated Alpha Centauri player demonstrates his obvious intelligence.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yeah, right.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X