Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheStinger
    Bebro

Although numericaly superiror the UK the Russian navy is vastly inferior so I'm not sure an effective blockade is a given
    Hm, they might have subs armed with Shkwal torpedoes.

As long as they don´t use them to sink themselves (like in case of the Kursk) these might actually be able to do some harm
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Bebro

Although numericaly superiror the UK the Russian navy is vastly inferior so I'm not sure an effective blockade is a given
      I doubt any containerline or bulkcarrier would dare to visit English ports when they know Russia will shoot at any ship sailing for England.

Comment

They did in ww2
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

Russia invades The falkland islands with a tiny force of mostly untrained militia and burns down the tiny provincial capitol of Stanley. The Russian invaders are then driven back into the sea by an equally tiny local falklands militia supported by a few british regulars.

The Uk then drops a small expeditionary force of british regulars in Russia proper and manages to burn down moscow before getting frightened off by a scary thunderstorm.

Russia Somehow manages a long series of naval victories against the royal navy that denies it access to the baltic and arctic ocean.

Peace negotiations proceed and it is decided to return to the status quo antebellum in a few weeks.

During this time a british attack on Vladivostok somehow fails to get called off and is repelled by a force half its size suffering casualities over 20 times as high as the russian casualties.

The Russians declare victory on the basis of the irrelevant battle, the Uk forgets about the whole pathetic pointless affair and years later the Falkland islands are recognized as an independant country and it's inhabitants take every opportunity to remind the russians of how the Falkland islands not only beat Russia in a war but also burned down the Russian capitol to boot!
          Cute.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_
            Russia would win hands down.

1. They would just send thousand of pilots to their death in huge bombing raid operations, casualties the British could newer afford. And the MIG 29 is a flying tank for God’s sake, it can take a direct missile hit to the cockpit and still keep fighting, it beats the Harrier any day of the week.
            2. Then they would use their submarine fleet to cut Britain off from supplies.
            3. They would use their old space weapons (which officially. because of SALT, don't exist) to destroy British satellites.
            4. They would use chemical and biological weapons against the British public.
            5. They would assassinate the queen.
            6. 160 million Russians, with vast reserves of fossil fuels against an ex-colonial power (even if well equipped and very rich) would just be too easy.
            7. The overlord tanks roll through the Chanel tunnel (the slimy French are too happy to let the through).
            8. They would stop shipping gas to the EU and wait for winter.

Note: Not all points from 2 onward are to be considered serious, except 8.

Technically speaking, even 8 can't happen short of Russia shutting off gas to the entire EU...Also the Harrier isn't the main fighter that Britain uses IIRC, and I don't Russia have many fighters that could gaurd their bombers (for long anyway) while the bombers are attacking Britian due to sheer distance.

I'd have to go so far as say stalemate, though the moment nukes enter it both countries start glowing green (all the British nukes are on subs...)
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Are you watching Jon Miller?
              I don't see any influence there...

Just shared cultural experience. Spice girls are probably shared by a greater number of Englanders.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

They did in ww2
                They were commisioned by the state, how many ships sail under a British flag nowadays?

Comment

Russia vs UK?

All I know is that'd it'd be a hell of a brawl outside some nightclub in Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

They were commisioned by the state, how many ships sail under a British flag nowadays?
                    Well the UK is quite wealthy andwe could buy some, we could also fly the sfuff in
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The real question is: who would win in a drinking contest, Russia or UK?
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now that is very interesting...worst binge drinkers in Europe against the might of the vodka makers...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

You do realise that if you attack the 52nd state the rest of the country will have to respond don't you?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

so

is Canada the 51st state?
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I thought that was Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                                The real question is: who would win in a drinking contest, Russia or UK?
                                thru clenched teaths , RUssia
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X