Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany will loose,
    as we are in the middle
    and therefore the battles will be fought here.

Just like the poor dwellers in the forest in HHGTTG

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
      But it hadn't Poland on its side back then

Hm, it seems we have to conquer Germany and Italy to get some good communication...
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
        Russia would overthrow the British Regime, cause civil war, but declare that it wont leave untill the job is done.

And then 15 years later, Russia would withdraw, and England would have won.
        Russia invades The falkland islands with a tiny force of mostly untrained militia and burns down the tiny provincial capitol of Stanley. The Russian invaders are then driven back into the sea by an equally tiny local falklands militia supported by a few british regulars.

The Uk then drops a small expeditionary force of british regulars in Russia proper and manages to burn down moscow before getting frightened off by a scary thunderstorm.

Russia Somehow manages a long series of naval victories against the royal navy that denies it access to the baltic and arctic ocean.

Peace negotiations proceed and it is decided to return to the status quo antebellum in a few weeks.

During this time a british attack on Vladivostok somehow fails to get called off and is repelled by a force half its size suffering casualities over 20 times as high as the russian casualties.

The Russians declare victory on the basis of the irrelevant battle, the Uk forgets about the whole pathetic pointless affair and years later the Falkland islands are recognized as an independant country and it's inhabitants take every opportunity to remind the russians of how the Falkland islands not only beat Russia in a war but also burned down the Russian capitol to boot!

Comment

Damage inflicted seems like no measure of a war victory. It makes more sense if you have them fighting over something. I thinkm the UK wins any fight over islands or pretty much any lands not attached to Russia proper.

Anwhere the Russians can deploy their full army-- they win

A war between them otherwise seems pointless. I can't see either ever successfully invading the other
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Re: If the UK went to war with Russia?

Originally posted by Geronimo

Russia would 'win' because geographically huge countries are much harder to damage than little island countries.
            Tell that to China.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The Brits would win by stopping Russia's overseas trade. Same as always.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: Re: Re: If the UK went to war with Russia?

Originally posted by DaShi

Tell that to China.
                China would be at a disadvantage vs russia as well I'm sure but to a drastically reduced degree.

Russia vs Uk however is completely unfair. It would be like expecting Denmark to be able to hold it's own in a war against Canada.

Comment

Russia would be getting castoff arms from North Korea.
                  What's that tell you?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                    Just like the poor dwellers in the forest in HHGTTG

Are you watching Jon Miller?

Comment

Canada > Denmark

They could invade us as far as Calgary, but then they'd turn back.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

If the UK went to war with Russia.... Serb would **** a brick.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What about Tassadar? Stereo plops.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I wouldn't really care, since neither side will do much.
                            Now, if NATO went to war with Russia...that'd be more interesting
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Who ?

Comment

NATO. You know, the surrender monkeys.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X