Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metropolitan Econonic Activity Index

Holy ****, batman.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

You have a rodeo there, is why.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

where is thunder bay?
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Thunder Bay's negative?
        B♭3

Comment

They went negative by putting up a web site.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thunder Bay's where they pulled me over without justification to try to extort me with ridiculous fines.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Try? Didn't they succeed?

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No, I didn't pay them a dime because they couldn't find anything. They tried very hard for an hour.

Comment

What the hell does the index measure anyways? How annoying the residents are? The amount of stored hot air? What?
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      What the hell does the index measure anyways? How annoying the residents are? The amount of stored hot air? What?
                      What it measures is the jealousy of New Yorkers who are stuck in an overcrowded city that smells like sewage.

Comment

It's the amount the locals earn per year in Canadian dollars. Without any additional zeroes
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Calgary's economy outstrips them all

TAVIA GRANT

Globe and Mail Update

Calgary's economy has far and away the most momentum in Canada, with Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa all ranking a distant second, a report on cities showed Wednesday.

Calgary, the country's fifth-largest metropolitan area, is already booming. But CIBC's metropolitan economic activity index suggests the city has further to go.

“The ability of the city to continue to show strong momentum from an already elevated level of activity is impressive,” said Benjamin Tal, an economist at CIBC World Markets and author of the report.

Calgary is leading the nation in both population and employment growth, while its 3.6-per-cent unemployment rate is by far the lowest among all other cities, he noted. The city also ranks high in other indicators such as the share of full-time employment as well as housing starts.

The CIBC index tracks nine macroeconomic variables and drivers of economic growth.

Edmonton's economy is strong, largely because of a robust labour market, large population growth and above-average employment quality. “Strong housing market activity and relatively good bankruptcy performance also contributed to the city's strong showing,” the report said

Ottawa-Gatineau, which led the index previously, still ranks high, partly because of the surge in high-tech activity.

Toronto's strength “reflects the growing diversity of the city,” Mr. Tal said. “The city's population is growing fast while the quality of employment is well above average, and growth in consumer and business bankruptcies well below the national average.”

Activity in Vancouver, meantime, has been limited by the recent slowing in existing home sales in the city, with rising affordability problems.

Cities such as Thunder Bay and Sudbury still face challenges stemming from the strong Canadian dollar, which is hurting manufacturing-related industries in those areas. “The recent weakening in the US economy is probably adding another layer of difficulties facing those cities,” the report said.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            It's the amount the locals earn per year in Canadian dollars. Without any additional zeroes
                            Would be a funny joke if those locals weren't sitting on many trillions of dollars worth of oil...

Comment

It's the kilometres of ice inbetween that make that seating arrangement rather uncomfortable
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X