Spink in Race Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
    Try recasting the situation without spurious racial angles tacked on.
    You first, I insist.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• If all races are racist, why would you want other races in power?
      Huh?

Who said anything about wanting any particular race in power? I sure didn't. When I said "whites were racists in power" I was referring to our history. Things are changing - though those in power are still overwhelmingly white, those people are far less racist than in the past. We're making progress on that front. I sure don't want to replace them with a bunch of racists - of any color.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Racism is teh stupid. It's not even worth wasting rocks for it.
        Blah

Comment

• Good thing I'm only lobbing electrons then.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian

Huh?

Who said anything about wanting any particular race in power? I sure didn't. When I said "whites were racists in power" I was referring to our history. Things are changing - though those in power are still overwhelmingly white, those people are far less racist than in the past. We're making progress on that front. I sure don't want to replace them with a bunch of racists - of any color.
            Fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia

You first, I insist.
              It'll do you good. Try looking at it from the point of view of someone who, just because they think environmental issues are the cause of criminality in the sort of poorer areas where greater proportions of ethnic minorities tend to be found, don't think that whites = bad.

It's not rocket science.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Not what I said. Besides, I'm referring to folks like yourself who approve of the rantings of people such as Noel Ignatiev. Does "abolishing the white race" sound familiar?

Comment

• Many methods of categorisation are arbitrary, but that doesn't make them meaningless. Where do "young" or "old" begin and end? The concept of "age" is still meaningful. The boundaries of extended family are arbitrary, but that doesn't mean extended family does not exist. Race is the same thing - individuals united by common descent.
                  First of all, I'm pretty sure that there are stipulated definitions of old. The idea of "adults over 55" or "adults over 65" are quite common stipulative definitions for what "old" or a "senior" is. Yes, it is a problem with the fact that functions are not necessarily piecewise. But this says nothing about race itself.

Define race like this and, most likely, you would have a quite different categorization than the classical one. The classical definitions just don't work - they are often simply too vague. By the way - please tell me your definition of "race." There are quite different definitions of it, and it is important to have an accurate definition before arguing about whether or not such a thing exists.
                  "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                  "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                  Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                    Not what I said.
                    I never said you did.

However you did call me a bigot for suggesting that there's no basis for claiming blacks have a genetic predisposition for criminal behaviour.

That's the bit which got people laughing at you.

Besides, I'm referring to folks like yourself who approve of the rantings of people such as Noel Ignatiev. Does "abolishing the white race" sound familiar?
                    I'm in favour of removing discrimination on the grounds of race from the world as a long-term goal. Is that unreasonable?

It doesn't take genocide or forced-breeding to achieve it- it just needs caveman mentalities to be dropped and to get people looking beyond race to treat others fairly and as individuals. Is that unreasonable? Is that a rant?
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                      I'm in favour of removing discrimination on the grounds of race from the world as a long-term goal. Is that unreasonable?
                      It depends on your methods. Any reasonable person will agree that it's wrong to mistreat or reward someone purely because of the way they were born, but how far are you willing to go to stamp this out? Just about everyone discriminates in all kinds of unfair ways, consciously and unconsciously, so it's possible to grant yourself all kinds of powers over people's lives in the name of 'fighting discrimination'. Personally, I would like to see race-neutral policies promoted as the ideal.

It doesn't take genocide or forced-breeding to achieve it- it just needs caveman mentalities to be dropped and to get people looking beyond race to treat others fairly and as individuals. Is that unreasonable? Is that a rant?
                      No, but Noel suggests 'abolishing the white race', which singles out whites as the problem. Can't you see the problem with that?

Comment

• How the **** did this Noel character become a part of this discussion?

-Arrian

Comment

• Coming late to this party I have to say any correlations to race and criminality are almost all attributable to cultural and the accompanying socio economic issues. It is however telling that there are failures of culture and leadership and corresponding econmic standing within certain groups intent on maintaining/promoting a counter if not subculture.

I am struck by the comedy stylings of Dave Chappelle where in he adequately shows how race is no divider in stupidty with his infamous blind blackman as a KKK kleagle.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• "Coming late to this party I have to say any correlations to race and criminality are almost all attributable to cultural and the accompanying socio economic issues. "

What are the socio economic issues attributable to?
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
                              "Coming late to this party I have to say any correlations to race and criminality are almost all attributable to cultural and the accompanying socio economic issues. "

What are the socio economic issues attributable to?
                              History.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

History.
                                Please explain further.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X