DVDs you have to have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    I own only some, best is "Master and Comander".
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm not interested in many movie DVD's, the LOTR was a big disappointment so I skipped that one. For the most part I'm interested in picking up old brit-coms like steptoe and son, some mothers do have em, the early carry-on movies, etc.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Benny Hill
        [/Yakety Sax]
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I never 'got' Benny Hill, so I skip that one (aside from a couple of tapes that my mother sent me a few years ago).
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Footie Mad
            So how are extended Lord of the rings films? Is it extended like a couple of extra dialouges and 15 minutes more footage or is it extended like twice as long and with much more character info? Worth seeing or not?
            Yes, specifically as mentioned, the third one.

The extra footage at the gates of Mordor are worth it alone. A lot was added.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have the LotR trilogy set, the Indiana Jones set (yeah, even though that means owning Temple of Doom), and two sets of Bond movies.

I have the original 3 SW movies on VHS. I do not intend to buy the "updated" versions on DVD. Enough. I also have a copy of EpIII that a friend gave me. Terrible movie.

Anyway, the "must haves" :

LotR.
              Indy
              Bond, James Bond (wifey likes 'em best, but I like 'em too)
              The Usual Suspects
              Grosse Pointe Blank
              Ghostbusters
              Groundhog Day (this is my wife's "can watch it anytime, all the time" movie. I like it, but I'm a little tired of it now)
              Dr. Strangelove... not that I watch it much, but I had to own it.
              Shawshank Redemption (again, don't watch it often, but it's such a good movie I had to own it)
              The Hunt for Red October
              Animal House
              Eddie Izzard - Dress to Kill (not a movie, but definitely a must-have for me).

We own lots of others (either DVD or VHS), but those are the ones that spring to mind as essentials. I'm probably forgetting one or two, but that's a solid list.

-Arrian

edit: re: the EE LotR... the first two films had about 1/2 hour added. The Return of the King, however, had roughly an hour added, and I think it really helped (I generally liked the added/extended scenes in the first two films too, but I felt that RotK *needed* the additions. It could've done with some cuts near the end, though ).
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oh, I also like Brazil. A movie to watch again I think.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The Director's Cut version of Kingdom of Heaven is awesome - so much better than the version that came out in theatres.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Read about that too - have to watch it soon.

Generally I hate that they don't show the "full" movie in the theatres these days but wait for dvd release
                    Blah

Comment

Working...
                    X