Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headphones: is it worth getting an expensive one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my daughter has all my vinyl.
    I'm also doing some experimenting with cleaning up sound, learning that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There's a whole thing about archiving techniques for vinyl, the point being that you can/should preserve the sound before further degrading it by dragging a diamond needle through the groove again.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Turntables are high dollar now. Supposed to have some really nice ones though.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

In the early 1990s, I prepared for vinyl's coming nuclear winter. I own good 3 turntables (one in operation, two in storage), 3 spare top-rated phono cartridges, and still have about 8 more replacement styli (the part that actually wears out).

I should be good for many years to come.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Stylus. Cool deal.

Comment

Re: Headphones: is it worth getting an expensive one?

Originally posted by Zevico
              Headphones: is it worth getting an expensive one?
              Call me old fashioned, but I would get two - one for each ear.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

(Shiva, he only has one ear, dude.)

Comment

after 99 dollars its a game of diminishing returns
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I have these babies (this baby?), worth every euro of it (them?) (all 200).

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                      AT least with durability there seems to be no big difference.

The expensive ones don´t last longer than the cheaper ones.
                      Unless of course you buy wireless headphoneslike I have for my TV set.
                      As they have no cables that can break (aside from the connection between sender and TV of course) they last much longer than regular headphones
                      Are this type any good in terms of sound quality though?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you spend lots of money in loudspeakers to get the best sound quality possible, you would probably be disappointed by the sound quality of wireless headphones.

If not...
                        IMHO the sound quality of the wireless headphones I have (Vivanco FMH 6050) is O.K., but I haven´t really expensive ones (they cost just around 30 Euro) therefore there might be better wireless headphones around if you want to spend 100 Euros or more.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Comment

Wireless headphones are strictly about convenience.
                            Sound quality = acceptable at best.

There are no exceptions to this rule.

Comment

Working...
                            X