Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was only a matter of time... Deep Fried Pizza.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    yeah, I think the only thing the West Coast batters is our hotdogs on a stick.
    Corndogs are a Minnesotan invention, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
      I would think the pizza would not need batter, its already bread and chesse which fry quite nicly. I wonder if it would be practical to prepare the Pizza as normal, slice it raw and just fry as the only means of cooking. It would save time and reduce the required equipment as well.
      You can't fry cheese straight and expect it to stick to the crust, and the crust itself would get puffy, like all other fried breads. I have no idea what would happen to the tomato sauce, but it would probably not be pretty.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Good point GePap, perhaps frezzing the pizza before frying would keep it together or applying the batter ontop of the chesse as the final topping. As for the Crust, just thin it to compensate for the puffyness. Someone should do some experimenting.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          yeah, I think the only thing the West Coast batters is our hotdogs on a stick.
          Yeah, fried food in general is not very big out here. I did notice at the county faire that someone was selling battered and deep fried mars bars but I didn't try it. I hate candy and fried candy seems just wrong.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            Obviously the place to hold the next Poly NYC meet....
            For sure.

Comment

We've had something like this for decades in Chicago. It's called a pizza puff, which is basically like a pizza wrapped in phyllo dough and deep fried. I thought it was one of those things you can get at grills everywhere, but apparently not.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                Corndogs are a Minnesotan invention, IIRC.
                Yes and no. Like all great ideas whose time has come, it was invented several places at more or less the same time.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Deep fried ice-cream
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've never had deep fried ice cream what does it taste like and why doesn't it just melt into the oil?

Comment

sounds really disgusting (re: deep fried ice cream)

Comment

I thought you would have tried it since I think it is a common mexican desert? At least, that is the only place I have ran into it.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The Mexican one is freeze dried ice cream. They just remove the water via the process of freeze drying which is very different from deep fat frying.

Comment

Deep fried ice-cream.
                            Generally a Scots thang esp. Glasgae.
                            Northern Eng. has a bit but more the Mars bar- caramel choccie hobnob-fresh fish thing going on.
                            An update of the whole close-your-arteries mars bars situation.
                            Works through the fact that deep fried batter frying is actually steaming of the food inside as long as the batter seal is intact with the crispy caramelisalisation of batter and chocolate(as long as you have an acid base to your batter) and is a staple part of the Scot's diet together with Heroin, Buckfast and poverty.

Comment

Half of my family is Scottish and they don't seem to be addicted to Heroin, east buckfest, and most certainly are not poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                I've never had deep fried ice cream what does it taste like and why doesn't it just melt into the oil?
                                It's not fried that long, only enough time for the batter to get crispy. It's nothing to write home about, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X