Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was only a matter of time... Deep Fried Pizza.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandman
    People didn't put batter on deep fried pizzas when I was young. And no daintily torn herbs, either.
    It seems that the Scottish tradition of frying every thing in sight (including pizzas) has been merged with the southern tradition of battering everything it fries. Thus we now have battered and fried pizza served with a nice basil garnish.

The merger of the worst cuisine of both countries.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      mmm

Batter is a SOUTHERN thing, anyway.
      Yeah, battering food before it is fried is a very southern thing. It's what gives KFC chicken its crunchy breaded outer casing.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And yet pot is REALLY bad for you?

Hypocricy revealed once again.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

yeah, I think the only thing the West Coast batters is our hotdogs on a stick.

Comment

Is it true KFC is not allowed to call their chicken "chicken" because it does not classify as one? And they can only call it KFC?

hahaha

I have been living in Singapore for 2 years now, food is cheap, but somewhat fattening.

Anyway, I have learned that I can eat just 1 meal a day, I have almost completely lost my excess fat (so technically, I would say I am underweight at this point); for the rest of the day I will drink water and at night I might have a bit of chocolate. Works well, save heaps of money too, I'm becoming a survivor! When the worlds food run out, the USAians will be starving to death from only being able to eat 1 meal a day, but I shall be living happily!

btw, my expenditures on my meals per day is about $5, thats a pathetic $150 on food a month. Damn good!
            be free

Comment

Is it true KFC is not allowed to call their chicken "chicken" because it does not classify as one? And they can only call it KFC?

No.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py

hahaha

I have been living in Singapore for 2 years now, food is cheap, but somewhat fattening.

Anyway, I have learned that I can eat just 1 meal a day, I have almost completely lost my excess fat (so technically, I would say I am underweight at this point); for the rest of the day I will drink water and at night I might have a bit of chocolate. Works well, save heaps of money too, I'm becoming a survivor! When the worlds food run out, the USAians will be starving to death from only being able to eat 1 meal a day, but I shall be living happily!

btw, my expenditures on my meals per day is about $5, thats a pathetic $150 on food a month. Damn good!
                I remember having a discussion about this when I was a kid.

The theory is fat people will survive longer when the food runs out because they have more fat to live off of. Sure us thin people can survive on one meal a day (I eat 2 myself), but take that away and we'll die faster than fat people.

Comment

Obviously the place to hold the next Poly NYC meet....
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

/me wants
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

mayhaps we should start arranging one, gepap.
                      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

The theory is fat people will survive longer when the food runs out because they have more fat to live off of. Sure us thin people can survive on one meal a day (I eat 2 myself), but take that away and we'll die faster than fat people.
                        I thought that too, it sounds logical, but I have read and heard on numerous occasions that this is not entirely true. I can't remember what the reasons were.
                        be free

Comment

because fat people would commit suicide over the thought of not eating!
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

In a cannibalistic state, the fat people are the first to go
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I would think the pizza would not need batter, its already bread and chesse which fry quite nicly. I wonder if it would be practical to prepare the Pizza as normal, slice it raw and just fry as the only means of cooking. It would save time and reduce the required equipment as well.
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

It seems that the Scottish tradition of frying every thing in sight (including pizzas) has been merged with the southern tradition of battering everything it fries. Thus we now have battered and fried pizza served with a nice basil garnish.

The merger of the worst cuisine of both countries.
                                The southern tradition of deep-fat frying stuff comes directly from thier Ulster Scott ancestors, so it's more like a reunion. .

Comment

Working...
                                X