No announcement yet.

What is your pet peeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's because I never drive behind someone for 50 miles. I drive too fast.

Unfortunately I got busted for doing 106 in a 70 mph zone last week. . I was trying to see if my Corolla had a speed limiting governer. Apprantly it doesn't. . I had it up to 110 mph (max on my speedometer) at one point.

Though I admit I left my turn signal on the other day. Only for about 20 seconds, but I still feel stupid.

Comment

People who drive more slowly than the speed limit, when there aren't weather conditions that mandate it.

People drive more slowly due to the weather conditions when they aren't really that bad.

People who turn on their turn signals when they're already starting to turn. Yeah, I can see you're turning, dumbass! How about a little advance warning?!

People who drive slowly but speed up when you try to pass them.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

People who look for any excuse to *****. Not that I'm complaining about them...
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

biannual does not mean twice per year, dammit!!111!
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

My pet peeve is Florida drivers.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I have lots of driving pet peeves. Failure to signal is #1.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Slow drivers that wont move out of the way of faster drivers in the left lane is my #1.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

-American cars is one of my pet peeves also.
                  -"reality" TV ( Its so not reality)
                  -Repairing roads for no good apparent reason when other roads really need the work.
                  -Politicians
                  -Banks

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Lab reports. having to do at least 6 hours in the lab is bad enough, now they expect me to write about what I did, when they gave me the method in the first place?
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                      Slow drivers that wont move out of the way of faster drivers in the left lane is my #1.

Spec.

If there is no one in the driving lane and you're not passing anyone, MOVE THE **** OVER!

I don't remember where I read this, but a study was done that determined that you are 5 times more likely to get a traffic ticket outside of the slow lane (I can't testify to that study because at 3 am in a county of less than 200,000 people, there just isn't enough traffic). Remember this the next time you're out for a sunday drive in the passing lane (and yes, it's called the passing lane, and I call the other the driving lane).
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I hate people who try to get into the bus/tram/subway BEFORE all the exiting people are out.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Yep, that one's certainly up there on my list (poking along in the passing lane).

Others (uh-oh, I'm getting started now):

- general lack of awareness, whatever the cause (cell phone, radio, conversation with passengers, stupidity...). This covers many of the specific pet peeves listed below. PAY ATTENTION.

- failure to remain in your own goddamned lane. You know these bastards. Drifters.

- sitting there forever at stoplight that has turned green (because you're not paying attention). Are you driving, or are you doing something else? Pick one.

- using exit-only or lanes that are clearly going away soon as a passing lane.

- aggressive tailgating @ high speed. It's one thing to be bunched up when nobody's cracking 20mph. It's entirely another thing when we're all crusing along at 75mph and you're making like you want to ride in my trunk. I, unlike many, WILL move over as soon as I reasonably can to make way for you. For added kicks, feel free to do this in the largest SUV or truck imaginable. I enjoy having a 3-ton monstrosity on my back.

- Super aggressive boy racer driving (tailgating, lane changes, flooring it + slamming on brakes, rinse & repeat) in heavy rush hour traffic. Dude, there is nowhere to go. I'd go faster if I could, really I would.

- not moving over to the left lane to let people get on the highway from a stop-sign entrance ramp, when NO ONE is in the left lane. All you've gotta do is move over for 5 seconds and then move back. It's really painless, I promise.

- not turning your lights on in the rain, especially when you're driving a silver/gray car.

- causing gridlock by pulling halfway into an intersection when traffic is backed up and getting stuck there when the light turns. If you cannot make it across, do not go. Wait until things clear up a bit in front of you.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Doh! Dammit Arrian! Not you got me going!

The on ramp is that long so you can accelerate up to a common speed! Don't wait to do it until you've reach the god damn interstate!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

My pet peeve:

People touching my computer screen.

DON'T TOUCH MY COMPUTER SCREEN!!!

It's amazing how often this happens where I work.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                                biannual does not mean twice per year, dammit!!111!
                                I'm having trouble finding a dictionary definition of what it really does mean.

websters for instance only increased my confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X