No announcement yet.

What is your pet peeve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, you'd think with all the gum over the years, sidewalks would turn into a gumwalks. It could be an entirely new surface. It might be softer to walk on too.

And what is a lane cheat? I'm sure we have them here, but we call them something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Dog owners who let their pooches foul the pavement without cleaning it up should have their noses rubbed in it. That should teach 'em.
      I pay my council tax so my dog can sh1t where he likes and I don't have to pick it up.

I know my rights!!!

Comment

People who leave just a little bit at the bottom of a milk/juice/soda container. Not enough for the next person to have a full glass, and for some reason I always thing there is something wrong with that last little bit when I find it like that in the fridge.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          And what is a lane cheat? I'm sure we have them here, but we call them something else.
          I don't think it's an official term, but I was referring to drivers who push in, after using a faster lane that's supposed to be going somewhere else, and delaying cars on the faster lane who are supposed to be there.

Or, people who zoom up an empty right-hand lane then turn left at the junction across two lanes of traffic.

Comment

Re: What is your pet peeve?

Originally posted by flash9286
            My pet peeve is that I can't stand it when people turn their turn signals on in a turn only lane. Your in a turn only lane, we know that you're going to turn.
            Your pet peeve is people following the law???
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

slow walkers and people who walk and speak on the cell at the same time without watching were they walk. It should be legal to trip them or push them down.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                slow walkers and people who walk and speak on the cell at the same time without watching were they walk. It should be legal to trip them or push them down.
                I walk and talk on the cell all the time. Part of the nature of my job. I also use handsfree.

I couldn't work without my hands free, though some at my job don't use it. I simply couldn't. Though sometimes my coworkers think I'm talking to myself when I'm actually talking on my handsfree. . Though I could talk to myself and make the excuse I'm actually on the phone. . But I really don't have that much to say to myself, so I rarely do talk to myself (though I cuss to myself all the time).

and I'm an extremely fast walker. I know it doesn't look cool. I don't give a ****. I have places to go and things to do. Especially at the mall. I hate shopping. I just want to get it over with as quickly as possible. But most people at the mall walk slow as hell. . I've actually gotten quite good at navigating large crowds of people at high rates of speed. It's one of my many talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  I've actually gotten quite good at navigating large crowds of people at high rates of speed. It's one of my many talents.
                  I can do this too. To me it's like finding your way through an obstacle course or a maze; I don't even think of the individuals in the crowd as being people. I probably look like an *******.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Re: What is your pet peeve?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Your pet peeve is people following the law???
                    There was actually a NC supreme court case about this. And if I remember it correctly the opinion said that when your at a traffic light in a turn only lane or at a stop sign where you can only turn one way you don't have to use your turn signal.

If your wondering why this case got to the NC S.C. it had to do with something about a firearm being found in the car after the illegal stop, so the evidence should have been excluded.
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

STUPID PEOPLE
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: What is your pet peeve?

Originally posted by flash9286
                        My pet peeve is that I can't stand it when people turn their turn signals on in a turn only lane. Your in a turn only lane, we know that you're going to turn.
                        I hate it when people DON'T signal. That's what the signal is for... to let people know you plan on turning. What if the person changes their mind and decides to proceed forward? They would turn their turn signal off, letting other drivers know their intentions.

But under the flash9286 rules of the road, such signaling isn't necessary because we'd all use our psychic abilities to know what every moron on the road plans on doing, right?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

I can do this too. To me it's like finding your way through an obstacle course or a maze; I don't even think of the individuals in the crowd as being people. I probably look like an *******.
                          me too. . I sometimes think of it like a computer game or something. Perhaps I play too many computer games.

Comment

I think there should be a u-turn signal. This is my idea. I'm going to patent it and make millions. But I'm too lazy to do that. So you guys are welcome to steal my idea.

I live in a city with a lot of drunk drivers. I use the turn signal in the left turn lane because I think it's safer. Maybe only slightly safer, but a little bit is better than none. Due to the crappy nature of our roads, a lot of drivers make the mistake of drifting or going into a left turn lane thinking it goes through. I like to think the turn signal would cue them off that I'm not going straight, I'm turning. If there is someone behind me stopped, then I may turn my signal off.

A turn signal is a communication device. If there is no one to communicate with, why use it?

Comment

God knows.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

not once with all the turn signals, is it mentioned the person in front of you driving for 50 miles with their turn signal still on
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X