Apolyton Votes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admiral

I found myself trying to persuade Democrats not to vote for Havesti.
    Hevesi.

The president of our NYC chapter is his niece.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      My relation of it is.
      Poor Kuci got pwnd
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Nah. Besides, argumentation by association is still one of the best ways to throw around opinions and influence. I mean, it's a good method as in it works, but it's bad as in it has no real validity.

I'm sure though that his dad is an excellent lawyer and knows SOX inside out, where as I don't, but I have studied disclosure and practice compliances such as SOX as well as CLERP 9, EU's Council 8th Directive, privacy laws & conventions (privacy act of 1974), standards (ISO 17799 etc.) and all kinds of professional practices such as COBIT.

Yeah, some regulation and auditing is necessary, we learn that from Enron, WorldCom etc. That's not the point.

The problem with the SOX is section 404... it means to establish and maintain adequate internal control structure and procedures and assess their effectiveness. This by all means is not trivial at all. This is UN on drugs with Somalia leading the security council.

What does this mean from where I stand? It means that business is now dependent on IT. Compliance here means, that internal control must map to IT systems. Risks must be reported, controls must be tested.

So you need to better work internal audits, adopt all kinds of frameworks, train internal control and include IT on planning committees. Sounds like a crap job to do. So, you can just outsorce IT. So it rather becomes a question for many when to outsource and where to.

SOX by all means can not be measured in terms of success, at least not now.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
          ... but the guy decided to take on Spitzer even though it was clear from back in March that Spitzer would win, and win huge.
          Q: Have you heard any buzz on Spitzer making a run for the Presidentcy? He's already made a bad-guy-busting reputations for himself and now he's well positioned himself as Governor of the second-most populous state in the Union.

My guess would be that if he runs, 2008 would be too soon. More likely 2012.

Comment

I voted Libertarian for everything excetp US Senate and US House because I think Foriegn Policy is the only major weakness in the Libertarian platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Q: Have you heard any buzz on Spitzer making a run for the Presidentcy? He's already made a bad-guy-busting reputations for himself and now he's well positioned himself as Governor of the second-most populous state in the Union.

My guess would be that if he runs, 2008 would be too soon. More likely 2012.
              Its possible. However, Spitzer didn't earn a lot of loyalty in this campaign. He pretty much neglected the downticket races in NY, even though the Dems were only three seats away from taking back the State Senate (I think). He raised massive amounts of money, way more than he needed to spend, and didn't use it to help the people who needed it. This wouldn't effect his chances once he's in the general election, but especially at the beginning of the primary season, there will be certain distrust towards Spitzer by the Party unless he shows his coattail power in 2008.
              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Working...
              X