Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddam found guilty; sentenced to death...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have hung him a while ago.

Comment

Re: Saddam found guilty; sentenced to death...

The only decision that could be reached.

Certainly validates going to Iraq.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think this sentence is fine and correct. I always say I am against DP, not only because there's that margin of error but also because I don't believe state has a right to execute it's member like that.

However, this applies to normal conditions. In my book of justice, this does not apply to war. And since this man was convicted of war crimes and such, DP could apply without me contradicting myself. This is how I believe. Furthermore, this man is known to do stuff, he is definitely not innocent. There are facts around there, it's not a mistake as far as facts go. We can be 100% on this one.

Then we look at the severity of the war crimes commited by this man, it doesn't get much worse than this so DP is justified. Add to that the crimes he has commited against his own people and well, that's it for him. I think he deserves this, and hanging is the way for war criminals so hanging should be the only way he can go through with this. No electric chair, no needle, no firing squad. Hanging is the way for war criminals.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Alas, being against Capital Punishment, I cannot support this sentence.

Burying him back in that little rabbit hole of his for the rest of his life, that would have been okay by me, though.
          B♭3

Comment

Support or not he's going to swing. I hope it's televised.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Support or not he's going to swing. I hope it's televised.
              Ah, how barbaric, the televised execution. The Romanians did that with Ceausescu, too. Kinda just makes me think less of the whole sordid affair.

Now, if we put cameras down that rabbit hole, we could have an Iraqi version of Big Brother--their first taste of realitv, and that would be a sure sign that they're turning the corner, and their democracy is becoming stronger.

Heck, just for ****s and giggles, why not let Saddam be the test subject for some of these new interrogation procedures? I'm sure if people saw what they were like on someone nobody likes, they'd learn to say, "Hey, that's not so bad."

Also, "If you're bad, you'll end up like him."
              B♭3

Comment

Televised? I hope the exact opposite. I don't think he deserves attention, validating his power. I think he needs minimum amount of staff to handle the execution in some quiet little place and that's it. I just don't see why his death should be some grand thing. In a way I think that would honor him.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

q cubed, oh man that's a great idea! In fact that so great of an idea I think that should be the punishment. Think about it, you can now be the big brother of Saddam. You can do surveillance on HIS ass for a change. HMm I wonder where he is now... oops still in the hole! Look, I think he is going crazy...

Also I figure if you were a young aspiring person trying to rule the world with force, that would send a message. I mean, you would be executed, ok though but quick. OR you would be in a hole, embarrased, for decades, and millions of people could just watch you via the web and laugh at you?

That's far worse IMO.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Yeah. Of course, the reason why I came up with it is because I have creativity.

Also, my disbelief in the death penalty forces me to come up with a less final punishment.
                    B♭3

Comment

Televise it.
                      Use a freshman at Executioner State College.
                      Hopefully the knot won't be quite up to standard and we can watch Hussein jerk around.

Sunnis can build staues of Hussein with his eyes bugged out and kicking.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; November 5, 2006, 11:36.

Comment

I miss your old, kinky avatar, Sloww.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          I couldn't think of a more diserving ****bag.
                          death penaly

They didnt even give him enough time to write his memories
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

Re: Re: Saddam found guilty; sentenced to death...

Originally posted by SlowwHand Certainly validates going to Iraq.
                            How so? There are dozens of dictators around the world who deserve to be punished for their crimes. Are we justified in invading each and every one of their countries? Should we do so?
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Hussein broke a Cease Fire. Makes him special.
                              He gets to ride on the short bus.

I voted for Kinky already in early election. Leaving the site reference until Wednesday.

Comment

poor Saddie...
                                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X