This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yeah, but they don't blow out anyone. Whether it's Vandy or Tennessee or whoever. They are kind of like 2002 Ohio State that way (though not as talented).
    I would have said that USC was like the 2k2 OSU until they lost to oregon state
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Plus, I think they're going to go into Memorial Coliseum and not only beat USC, but do it handily.
      I'm looking forward to that game. USC is still more explosive than ND, though. Weis might believe that it's not smart to try to get in a shootout.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Arkansas brought out Casey Dick, and boy did he perform. (And give the green light to jokes about a game with two Nutts coaching a team with Dick and Johnson against the Cocks.)

And after the game, a woman from ESPN asks him what he thought while he was on the bench while Mustain struggled to find his passing arm for most of the season - and he has a reply that should make every heart melt. "God has a plan for everyone;" His plan for Casey was to be on the bench then. And Mitch is probably his own hardest critic, in the past after bad performances he has come out and said he sucked, he ought to do better. Consider we also have McFadden, Jones, Monk, Hillis also all sharing the spotlight with no complaints plus a raft of younger up and comers, and this team really looks like a miracle. Every W on the schedule has been entirely from teamwork. There is no stopping us if we can keep it up.

A lot of Arkansans relaxed tonight after finding out we have just as potent a passing game as rushing, and defenses will struggle to stop both.

PS. Mitch Mustain has not lost a game he has started and finished since the eigth grade. Just something to mull around in the ol' noggin.

Woo Pig Sooie!
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

are you ranking solely on potential dan?
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

and he has a reply that should make every heart melt. "God has a plan for everyone;"

Why? Because he's dumb enough to think God cares who starts a football game?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Weis might believe that it's not smart to try to get in a shootout.

Is he going to have a choice? What has ND shown on defense this year that would give you any confidence that they can contain the USC offense?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                are you ranking solely on potential dan?
                No, I rank on wins and strength of schedule-to-date mostly.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Undefeated is too highly regarded many times.
                  Strength of schedule is just as, or more, important.

I'll take a 10-1, maybe even 10-2, team who played contenders every chance instead of unoffical week off games and go "undefeated".
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You don't think Texas should be considered for the national title game because they played three "unofficial week off games" (North Texas, Rice, Sam Houston State)?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nobody

plays contenders every week. Every conference has at least 1 or 2 lame teams and I haven't seen any team who didn't fill up their 12th game spot with an easy home "win".
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The team plays who is in their Conference. If Bye weeks are their non-Conference games, they should get docked.
                        Notre Dame? Same scenario. They know who are legitimate teams and who aren't.

If Big 12 has a tougher conference than Big 10, which it does, that should go into factoring.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Weis might believe that it's not smart to try to get in a shootout.

Is he going to have a choice? What has ND shown on defense this year that would give you any confidence that they can contain the USC offense?
                          The defense this year is at least slightly better than last year. I don't have a good sense of whether it's good enough such that Weis values points more than clock, however.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            If Big 12 has a tougher conference than Big 10, which it does, that should go into factoring.
                            While many years the Big 12 is better... not this year
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sure it is.
                              All of you think teams like Texas Tech and A&M are pushovers. Look at overall records.
                              Someone has to have losing records, within the conference standings.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Sure it is.
                                All of you think teams like Texas Tech and A&M are pushovers. Look at overall records.
                                Someone has to have losing records, within the conference standings.
                                That can be said within any conference. This year, the Big 10 is better. It's that simple
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X