Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    I don't see how this is newsworthy.

At least... I don't see how intelligent people will view this as newsworthy. The voting public on the other hand? That's a completely different matter.
    Yeah, but most of the US public are dumbasses - hence why Bush actually got made president a second time after the sham of his first election...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

If I wanted to screw the Iranian atomic bomb project I'd accidentally on purpose release sensitive bomb building documents onto the internet. Except I'd put incorrect equations, diagrams and the like on there. I'd probably get someone to let themselves be bribed by the Iranians for faux Top Secret information.

Misinformation is always good.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not a bad idea.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Let's hope they haven't publicized a "how to build a plane" guide on the web either.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

If I wanted to screw the Iranian atomic bomb project I'd accidentally on purpose release sensitive bomb building documents onto the internet. Except I'd put incorrect equations, diagrams and the like on there. I'd probably get someone to let themselves be bribed by the Iranians for faux Top Secret information.

KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Our Leaders
              B♭3

Comment

Bush: stupid like a FOX!
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                  omg!!

Now iran´s knowledge of science has passed the internet message board level!
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Here's the NYT article...

And here's an interesting paragraph...

Among the dozens of documents in English were Iraqi reports written in the 1990s and in 2002 for United Nations inspectors in charge of making sure Iraq had abandoned its unconventional arms programs after the Persian Gulf war. Experts say that at the time, Mr. Hussein’s scientists were on the verge of building an atom bomb, as little as a year away.

Did I just read that right? That has to be a mistake. There's no way the New York Times would actually make a claim like that...

Of course what time is being referred to by "at the time" is unclear, so maybe the folks at the NYT haven't lost their minds.

Yep you read it correctly. All that being said timers and schematics for initiating the nuclear reaction are the black magic in bulding the bomb. Not so smart.

But it is interesitng that NYT in an effort to smear, in one fell swoop, undid years of Bush lied mantra saying that Iraq was in essence much closer to nuclear capability than they would previously admit.

Ouch thats gotta sting have a dagger in your back like that Mr. Wilson.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron. (Well, anyone with the right sort of physics degree anyway). The difficulty is obtaining the plutonium etc., not in the ''how'. Unless you want a BIG atomic bomb, which is different; but for Iran, size doesn't matter. A Big Boy or three is more than enough for them ...
                      Tell it to Kim Jong Il... Mr. Fizzle.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Yep you read it correctly. All that being said timers and schematics for initiating the nuclear reaction are the black magic in bulding the bomb. Not so smart.

But it is interesitng that NYT in an effort to smear, in one fell swoop, undid years of Bush lied mantra saying that Iraq was in essence much closer to nuclear capability than they would previously admit.

Ouch thats gotta sting have a dagger in your back like that Mr. Wilson.
                        or, perhaps the greatest new reporting agency ever? this should cast aside any doubts you would have about bias, right?
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

One slip-up (it has to be a slip-up, right? nothing else makes sense...) doesn't negate years of biased reporting.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

you couldnt admit them not being biased. thats a reasonable explination.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I was laughing my ass off at the moronism at DU on this. There is plently of stuff Bush deserves to get hung for treason over, this isn't one of them.

Comment

Okay ... anyone who can't figure out the 'how' of building an atomic bomb is a complete AND total moron. (Well, anyone with the right sort of physics degree anyway).
                                I was listening to an expert on the subject and he said engineering is the biggest roadblock to constructing a bomb.

Oh ... and if Iraq was THAT far along in their bomb research, wouldn't that imply that ... perhaps they did have WMDs in potentia? And so it wasn't such a bad idea after all?
                                This was from the 80s when Saddam had WMD and a program, that changed in the 90s.

Here's a tip, everyone has chemical weapons.
                                He who smelt it, dealt it

Comment

Working...
                                X